Question(s) about Bioimetrics and EAD

QuashedAway

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

3 weeks ago I had my Master Hearing. The next hearing is schedule in 2013. I've made the appointment for my fingerprints. Question is, would it be okay with invalid form of identification? I read asylum applicants are not required to present any form identification. I have both invalid passport and driver's license.

Second question: Does the clock starts day after your fingerprints are taken? Is there a way I can check it online? Or should I just keep track of it on my own?

Also, I heard EAD is available for pending asylum applicant without a fee of $180. Is it true or just a rumor I heard? Please advice. What precise should I put for eligibility category?

Thanks for listening.

Call 1-800-898-7180. It will tell you the status of your case as well as your immigration clock status.

Hello,

3 weeks ago I had my Master Hearing. The next hearing is schedule in 2013. I've made the appointment for my fingerprints. Question is, would it be okay with invalid form of identification? I read asylum applicants are not required to present any form identification. I have both invalid passport and driver's license.

Second question: Does the clock starts day after your fingerprints are taken? Is there a way I can check it online? Or should I just keep track of it on my own?

Also, I heard EAD is available for pending asylum applicant without a fee of $180. Is it true or just a rumor I heard? Please advice. What precise should I put for eligibility category?

Thanks for listening.

Both my Government ID and passport had long expired when I went for my biometrics appointment and had no issues at all.

Thanks all for the response.

I guess the only question that's left unanswered is about eligibility category. What should I put it? Would I be applying under applying under (C)(8)?

Thanks pal.

But since I don't have to pay the fee for EAD, I'd have to paper file it. It's clearly state on the fine print. Thanks again for all your help. I probably won't have EAD before/around Feb 2012. But I'd have more than year and a half to work. Will definitely browse this forum.

Thanks pal.

But since I don't have to pay the fee for EAD, I'd have to paper file it. It's clearly state on the fine print. Thanks again for all your help. I probably won't have EAD before/around Feb 2012. But I'd have more than year and a half to work. Will definitely browse this forum.

I was in the same situation and I filed online without any problems. I also did not have to pay the fee.

Sounds good. I'll file online when the time comes.

Another question, I did have EAD before as a Student OPT (Optional Practical Training). Should I submit original or copy of expired EAD? Would I be applying under eligibility category as (C)(8) or does it have to be to different?

Category will still be the same as you have a pending asylum case. I never submitted any copis or originals.

Thankfully, my clock is working and I'm approaching 150 days by the end of this month. I live in Arizona. What would be the address I should send the EAD application to?