Question related to IL?

needhelp150

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Yesterday I called the customer service number and managed to talk to IO. The IO told me that my interview is in April 1st week and IL is sent in last week of Feb. But I haven't recieved an IL yet. So what I should here?

Is InfoPass the option? Whether they will be able to give me duplicate IL at InfoPass?

Thanks in advance,

PD - Oct 07

Did you let the IO know you didn't receive the IL while talking to him/her over the telephone? They should have been able to send you a duplicate. I suggest you call back and politely ask if they can send you a duplicate - make sure you speak to the IO and not the customer service rep.

If that doesn't work, make an InfoPass appointment and explain the situation to them. They may be able to give you a temporary or substitute letter.

Good luck - and let us know happens.

Thanks for the advice. I asked IO about whether he can help but he said take an appointment at DO. Is field office open on Saturday? Can I get InfoPass or Interview on Saturday?

Hmm.. Because the IO told me that my interview is on Saturday. Is that possible? I am concerned now. Because I didn't receive IL too.:confused:

Hmm, I didn't knew which particular DO's are open on Saturdays.
I was under the impression that they were closed on weekends. :confused:
Mine is.

Hmm.. Because the IO told me that my interview is on Saturday. Is that possible? I am concerned now. Because I didn't receive IL too.:confused:

Mine is scheduled for a Saturday, which I am actually very grateful for. So yes Saturdays is possible, I guess some DO's are open on Saturdays.

All -

They are not normally open on Saturdays - but it is one of the 'things' USCIS is doing to reduce the backlog. I read it in one of those reports about what USCIS is doing to eliminate the backlog a few months back. This is one of the steps in addition to hiring more employees, and extending business hours Mon-Friday, blah, blah, blah.

So yes, they do schedule interviews on Saturdays in DOs with heavy traffic / volume.

Thanks. So it make sense to have interview on Saturday.
Hopefully at my InfoPass appointment they will give me duplicate IL letter or some kind of document which will enable me to attend the interview. Because I will have only 10-12 days between InfoPass appointment and interview.
Any advice on what I should request at InfoPass?

I received the IL today. Took long time to arrive from ND. I don't have to take InfoPass now. Thanks for all your help. :)

I received the IL today. Took long time to arrive from ND. I don't have to take InfoPass now. Thanks for all your help. :)

that is super cool, you post a message and get your IL in 24 hrs, may be I should try that too, well here I go, NeedHelp160, no oath letter yet, what should I do, I have become kind of supertitious dealing with USCIS..........

Last edited by a moderator: