Question Regarding Visitor Visa...

ramdas2005

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My mom has 4 months left on Visitor visa (expires in Jan 2010), can she make a trip to US and apply for a green card. Is this possible.
will she run into issues with Immigration since she has just returned to India from US in june 2009 and she plans to visit again in aug 2009.

It is possible she may run into some trouble at the POE. If she has intentions to settle in the US permanently, why are you not pursuing the CP route?

Hi,
My mom has 4 months left on Visitor visa (expires in Jan 2010), can she make a trip to US and apply for a green card. Is this possible.
will she run into issues with Immigration since she has just returned to India from US in june 2009 and she plans to visit again in aug 2009.

Hi

Thank you.
What is the procedure for Consular Processing and how long will take it. Is it better than applying for GC from here.

Thank you

Ramdas2005...So what did you end up doing?

My mothers 10 year visa is expiring in Jan2010, I too want to know how to go about renewing her Visa.

Triple Citizen... you seem to know a lot about stuff. Do you know what the process is to renew the Visitor Visa? Do i have to send the sponsor letters again or she just needs to send the passport to the US consulate in India and they will renew it?

Neo