Question regarding seventh year extension

SuperPrince

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am planning to apply for the seventh year extension of (H1B) and extension for my wife(H4),we have our I485 pending for the past one and half year.I do have my EAD and Advanced Parole but have never used them and continuosly maintained my H1 Status and my wife maintained her H4 status.My question is if for some reason the H1/H4 doesn't get approved will it have any effect on the pending I485 application.Also once i know that my H1 and my wife's H4 was not approved can i at that point use my EAD to work for the company and can my wife stay in US based on the pending I485.Thank you.

Thanks
SSK

I am planning to apply for the seventh year extension of (H1B) and extension for my wife (H4), we have our I485 pending for the past one and half year. I do have my EAD and Advanced Parole but have never used them and continuously maintained my H1 Status and my wife maintained her H4 status. My question is if for some reason the H1/H4 doesn't get approved will it have any effect on the pending I485 application.

------ you both will get H1 and H4 extension if you apply before your H1 or H4 expires attach the I-485 filing receipts with H1 extension. I don’t see any chance of denial but who knows USCIS? If H1 and H4 denied you both don’t have problem as you both have I-485 pending you can stay till I-485 if unfortunate gets denied. For work you need valid H1 or valid EAD, if you use EAD you will not be on H1 status and spouse will not be on H4
Also once I know that my H1 and my wife's H4 were not approved can I at that point use my EAD to work for the company?
-YES (but you will need AP approved in US before you go out of US to reenter on AP)
and can my wife stay in US based on the pending I485.

-YES, she will also need Valid AP approved in US before she goes out of USA

---- I am 99.99% sure your H1 and H4 extensions will be approved if you don’t have any other issues. Don’t forget to apply H1 and H4 extensions before I-94 gets expired
Good luck!!