Question regarding I-765

GMorgan

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
Currently, I am holding H-1B and just got married to a US Citizen, and I am in the process of filing for the Adjustment of Status. After finishing school and before my H-1B, I applied for the OPT and worked using EAD. I am trying to fill out the I-765 form now. So, in the very first line, I am supposed to check the box that said "I am applying for Renewal of my permission to accept employment", right? My problem is that I cannot find my OPT/EAD card as well as other original paperwork anywhere. All I got were photocopies of my OPT/EAD card (front) and I-20 with some info about my OPT on it. (It has been a while since I got the OPT. This is my 2nd round of H-1B, and I never thought that I'd need the EAD card again. Stupid me :(!)... So, does anybody know if there is going to be any problem if I only submit the photocopies of what I got? Should I write a letter explaining that I cannot find anything else?
Any advices and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
GMorgan

Hello Triple Citizen,
Currently, my husband and I do not live in the same town due to our jobs. Both of us are trying to to find jobs where we can live together. So, I just thought that it would be easier for me to find a job if I got an EAD. I only have 1 year left on my H1-B so I am not sure how easy it will be to find a new job using it.

Well in your case it makes sense to get an EAD. Potential employers will know they do not need to do anything in order to hire you. Good luck!!!