Question regarding "Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing"

shewanella

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
I received a new update from USCIS yesterday but could not figure out what this meant. I tried searching for it on this forum but the site wouldn't let me go on when searching. Here is the update I received:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case Transfered to Another Office for Processing

On May 5, 2008, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow the instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to update your address. You can use our processing dates to estimate when your case may be processed by following the link below. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case by registering in the link below.​

So if my case if indeed transfered to another location, is this a good thing or bad thing? What is a NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER? If someone else received the same notice before, can you please explain what this means and how close I am to actually obtaining the green card? Thank you all so much for your help!

Hi, could you please post your case details? (when did you file what application, what category, what country of birth etc). Otherwise this question is hard to answer.

What is the NBC?
On April 16, 2003, USCIS Director Aguirre approved the transition of the Missouri Service Center (MSC) into the National Benefits Center (NBC). The NBC was established to serve as the hub and conduit for USCIS local field offices by completing all pre-interview processing of Forms generally requiring an interview. This pre-processing includes conducting background security checks, performing initial evidence reviews, adjudication of associated I-765 and I-131 applications (filed with the I-485 or separately), denial of adjustment of status cases for applicants who are statutorily ineligible, and forwarding scheduled cases to the USCIS local office for adjudication.

nscagony,
My father is the primary applicant and since I couldn't get a hold of him, I don't have much details on I-485 as of now. But for what I know, we received the notification to get the fingerprint done in late August of 2007 and the fingerprint was done for all family members subsequently. We received work permit (EAD I assume?) for everyone on October 2, 2007 which is set to expire this October 2, 2008. We applied for employment-based (3rd category) and the application was sent to Nebraska Service Center. Country of birth is South Korea, if this helps. (Just out of curiosity, how does this come into play?)

Has anyone experienced their application going through National Benefits Center yet? From what gcfinder mentioned earlier, it doesn't look too good...

Please let me know if there is anything else I need/should know about. Thank you so much for your help!

shewanella,
Did you receive the interview letter - please update on your current status.
I also got the same message.

Thanks in advance

shewanella,
Did you receive the interview letter - please update on your current status.
I also got the same message.

Thanks in advance

Yes we have, a couple of weeks ago. We're expected to be interviewed on August 4th. Does anyone know what types of questions are asked to the family members (meaning non-primary applicant members)?