• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question on wait time

blue25

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I've submitted my papers just before Christmas and one week later they cashed the application check in SF. I guess I'm now waiting for interview invitation.
Has anyone submitted their papers just recently, and if so, how long did it take to recieve invitation to the interview? I was told that SF is right now extremly fast but that will changed within next few months because of Perm.
All comments are welcome. Thank you.

Firts of all, what is your Winner number?

You have to chek it with the cut-off number that the kcc publics on the Visa Bulletin...

Good luck

Hi! I send my papers Dec. 1st, my cut-off number is 11XXXX in NYC. I already have an appointment for the fingerprinting and boimetrics, but not till February! I am also waiting for the interview date.....!!!!

Good luck!!

Hi LucyMo and everyone else,
I have a very low number EU00001xxx, but I needed to get a waiver for J-1 foreign residency requirement. That took a long time to get, just to deal with State Dept. it took more than 12 weeks, and that doesn't include dealing with my home gov't. So, my number has been up a long time ago, but without the waiver there was absolutly no point of filing because they would refuse the file or deny the application, which I couldn't accept.
Is there anyone here that submitted their application recently in SF? Anyone with such a low number? Thanks. And all the best in New Year!

I was wondering abotu that too.
My number is AS000009xx and the docs were sent to KCC in October or something. We had not heard back, and our status with KCC is always "processing".

I wonder whether I'lle ver get an interview ....or any updates

Ok, this is going to be a very stupid questions, but what is a Cp?
BTW, the update system is mostly innacurate.
Hey, did you submit your stuff to SF office? Couple days ago I've got a reply from KCC thanking me for informing them that I intent to immigrate to US and that I need to submit my paperwork to SF immediately (if I haven't done so). Other than that, nothing new. Still waiting.

CP - consular processing.

Jac,
Keep emailing/calling KCC after the 15th of every month as soon as your number becomes current, that's when they update the records and make new appointments at the consulates. :) if your number is indeed AS9xx, then it's been current for a long time. But then, you sent your docs to KCC in October, which is a bit later than everybody else (July-August-September). Just keep on asking them - when. Good luck!

Hi Lucy,
You say that KCC shedules interviews every 15th of the month for CP. Any idea when they do it for processing in US (particularly San Francisco office)?

After waiting forever, and checking with KCC diligently every 15th, finalyl a piece of improving news. The paperwork finally cleared processing, however, since June's interviews were already scheduled, I ahve to wait till the next interview scheduling cycle....hopefully by next 15th, it'll be scheduled.

I hope things will move along fast enough so that I could finish everything by sept 30th.

What's the next step for CP?

1) Go for interview?
Then? what else needed to be done before sept 30th?

Too bad that the lucky pple who won the lottery is my parents....though I probably need it more since my H1B is fast expiring...maybe i should get them over and ask them to sponsor me and maybe i'll get my GC after 10 yrs..

it's funny you say that. I have been in the US for 10 years in F-1, but my parents are the ones who won DV'04. :)

They just go to an interview, bring the results of the medical exam, police reports, military records (if any), proof of high school education, work experience, proof of finances (bank statements, property, stock/bonds, an affidavit of support, or a job offer, or a combination thereof), good attitude, and they should get the visas. Most people get the visas on that same day. SOme have to go through a security check. I already wrote about that in other topics in this subforum.

They get the visas, and the visas are good for 6 months. Upon entering the US, they become legal permanent residents. :)