Question on Virginia N400 Timeline

Upstate_NY

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

The N400 RD is 6/29/2007. Finger printing was done in early August (?). But the message still says that the app was rec'd on 6/29/2007 and nothing else.

Any idea as to the dates in VA? It takes 7 months as per the Norfolk, VA office processing dates. Anyone from VA who have rec'd the N400 approval, please share your timeline and experience.

Thanks!

Yes... I am in the same boat (finally, someone else from Norfolk, VA).

The good news is, I received an email from USCIS that my case was updated on 10/18 and an RFE was sent out. I guess signing up for the email updates, actually works. However, the message was very cryptic and I am waiting to receive the notice in the mail. Only then, I will know if it is really an RFE or if it is an IL.

I will keep you posted...

Thanks SriniB for the info :)

I guess I come under the Norfolk, VA office. Is that true? I live in central VA.

Since your RD is a few weeks before mine I guess I'll have to wait till December to hear from USCIS!

Thanks SriniB for the info :)

I guess I come under the Norfolk, VA office. Is that true? I live in central VA.

Since your RD is a few weeks before mine I guess I'll have to wait till December to hear from USCIS!

Yes, you should fall within the jurisdiction of Norfolk, VA.

Unfortunately, the update I mentioned above was NOT for my case. It was an oversight on my part, and I am in the same boat as you. I will keep you posted if I hear anything more.:eek:

At one point, I thought I will receive my USC by the end of the year. Now, I am sure that I will NOT. So, I am taking a nice long vacation to India (meaning, I will miss my interview if it is scheduled in Dec/Jan). Ah, well... :confused:

My wife and I got the US Citizenship. We both had the interview on 03/18/2008 @ 8AM and the officer told us to come back at 2:30 to take the oath. Everything went smooth. Thanks to everyone for the help.