Question on Re-Entering US With AP

sunnyprince

Registered Users (C)
Have anybody re-entered US using a valid AP with EAD still pending? Is it advisable to go out of the country without a valid EAD?

The EAD has nothing to do with re-entry.

Thank you for your replying.

Is it safe to travel? when my EAD approval is still pending. I have a valid H1B, but no stamping. Do i need to get H1B stamping done before entering US or just use AP? Currently I am working on my H1B.

Two scenarios:

1. Enter country on H1-B: in this c ase you need to get the passport stamped while outside the US.

2.Enter on AP: this way you are practically abandoning your H1-B status and are now in "I-485 pending" status. The same happens if spouse starts working using his/her EAD (H-$ is abandoned). This is not a problem if your application has gone smoothly so far. However, if (although it is rare), your I-485 is denied, you might be in trouble and will have to ask your employer for a new H1-B ( and I think this year's quota is full, unless you have an MS degree).

GM

Enter on AP: this way you are practically abandoning your H1-B status and are now in "I-485 pending" status.

Wrong. Please read the Cronin Memorandum.

However, if (although it is rare), your I-485 is denied, you might be in trouble and will have to ask your employer for a new H1-B ( and I think this year's quota is full, unless you have an MS degree).

Unless he leaves the US for a year, he is not subject to the cap.