Question on naturalization for consultants which are traveling

marlon2006

Registered Users (C)
Folks, If one gets a job position for an American company and needs to travel back and forth from US to Latin America (let's say every 2 months you are in the US for 2 weeks then travel again) in that case do you need to bother and apply for N-470 to preserve residence for naturalization?

if you tell me there is no need to apply, by traveling like that can I apply for the citizenship in two years from now? (I have been 100% in the US for last 3 years since I got the GC).

A back and forth travel pattern like yours can put continuous residence into question. It's best to get an approved N-470 to ironclad your case.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Guys, would you tell about the requirement for N-470 approval during the very first interview with the company or would you wait till you get an offer to talk about that?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Guys, would you tell about the requirement for N-470 approval during the very first interview with the company or would you wait till you get an offer to talk about that?

Wait for an offer, then ask if they can help you process N-470 before you accept.
Asking about it beforehand may cause the employer to get cold feet.