Question on Name check?

SRM

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Is the name check done every time we do finger printing?. Every body is worried about name check now a days.

I did my first fp in April 03. Status updated on April 17.

Did second fp on Nov 04, Any updates will be appreciated.

SRM said:
Guys,
Is the name check done every time we do finger printing?. Every body is worried about name check now a days.

I did my first fp in April 03. Status updated on April 17.

Did second fp on Nov 04, Any updates will be appreciated.

Yes they do name check nowadays. After your FP is done your FP's goes to FBI for name check and then rolls out to VSC for further processing.

This is my understanding.

Want Gc Soon,

Don't mislead.
FP and Name check are different. Name check is initiated right after the application is filed. (Some cased it gets delayed).
It has got nothing to do with FP. Name check is done only Once and doesn't expire like FP.

Red_Card said:
Want Gc Soon,

Don't mislead.
FP and Name check are different. Name check is initiated right after the application is filed. (Some cased it gets delayed).
It has got nothing to do with FP. Name check is done only Once and doesn't expire like FP.

I dont mislead anyone here and thats not my job either. In that case what does FBI do after your FP? Can you answer me on that?

Want GC Soon said:
I dont mislead anyone here and thats not my job either. In that case what does FBI do after your FP? Can you answer me on that?

Red_Card is Right.
Finger prints expires in 15 months. Name check does not and will take place only once in the entire processing. Both are 2 different entities, still both are handled by FBI only. Usually FP Clears in 1 - 2 weeks time. But Name check may take 1 Day - 2 Years......

As ETA-GC Told, please follow the link, for better understanding....

Guys,
Thank you very much for your answers. I looked at most of the name check related threads. I really did not find what i was looking for.

What i was looking for is . one and half year back i did my first fp. i did not know if my name check is over at that time.

Las week i did my second fp. If my name check is over for suppose one year back, I should not worry about it any more right??.

SRM said:
Guys,
Thank you very much for your answers. I looked at most of the name check related threads. I really did not find what i was looking for.

What i was looking for is . one and half year back i did my first fp. i did not know if my name check is over at that time.

Las week i did my second fp. If my name check is over for suppose one year back, I should not worry about it any more right??.

You are not 100% right. Usually Name check takes 1 DAY to Upto 2 YEARS. You need to check with FBI. Again not with the FBI of FP Department. Name check is a different Department in FBI. But it has been 18 months, chances are more for you, that it might have already cleared. Still better to check with them.
I also thought the same way initially. But see my signature.

Search the forum with "Name Check". You will get lot of info....

Last edited by a moderator:
sree1965,
Thank u for your reply. Your post completely answered my question. I still wonder why finger prints expire but not the namecheck? :confused:

I have also heard that "name check" has to be re-done every time one leave and re-enter the US during the process...

Sree1965/Red_card,

After reading ur post, my understanding is name check starts immediately after 485 filing. How to findout wether name check is done.

Thanks,
Sunny

U need to Fax or email FBI and find out. search forum for details on how to do it and do it ASAP.
Mine was done 2 years ago. But no approval yet.

sunnysai said:
Sree1965/Red_card,

After reading ur post, my understanding is name check starts immediately after 485 filing. How to findout wether name check is done.

Thanks,
Sunny

Send E-mail to Name Check Department, FBI giving all the details like Full Name, SSN, A#, DOB, Current Address, Phone, FAX, E-mail.

Send E-mail : FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov