Question on Minor's passport

kashish

Registered Users (C)
We recently became US citizens and applied for passports for ourselves and our minor LPR son. However the post office person did not take my son's green card, just his birth certificate (along with our naturalization certicifcates) and we didn't know about it :(

Now I read in the forum here that we had to send original green card as well for him to establish his residency. That makes complete sense.

What will happen next? Will they return his application or will we get contacted by the State department to send his green card? Anyone who may know?

Thanks
K

If the original green card was not sent with the passport application, state department will ask for it. A passport will not be issued without original green card.

If the original green card was not sent with the passport application, state department will ask for it. A passport will not be issued without original green card.

Thanks nkm-oct23 for the response. If I understand you correctly, State dept will approach us asking for the green card rather than returning the application, right? Also would you know how they correspond - via email/phone/mail?

We'll accordingly keep a watch.

Thanks

K

This happened to us for my minor son . I recvd a letter from passport agency with an envelope. Sent back my minor son's Indian Passport and the Green card.
Got back all along with the passports.

The intent of the letter from Passport Agency was to prove that my son was legally admitted into this country - The very first time. The Indian passport had an expired H4 visa. That counts, not that it was a "must"