Question on in Correct Name on Green card

laaw2006 said:
I called USCIS, 1800 NUMBER , i spoke with a representative and she told me file I 90 , and send back my original , to Memphis my Service Center.
Now , I don not how long can take USCIS for fix the problem with my green card, today i call again and they told me wait 180 or more days
And they do not usually send NOAS, just rest wait.
----------------- once the I-90 reach USCIS they will sent the notice
Now my question is , if someone has this experience before , and i did not send money with my I 90 , just evidence and my green card........
-----------if it was USCIS mistake on the Card then you dont need to sent the fee
I really need my green card back as soon is posible !!!!!!
----------- At this time they are taking about 6 month becasue it is not prority for them once you get I-90 filing reciept you can take infopass and you can get your passport stamped.

** update your case details when they sent reciept or Card

Hello Guys,
I have an update on my I-90 filed in CSC on May 2006.
I had in complete name in my Green card. So filed I-90 to correct it. I got response from CSC and they said First name can be printed upto 17 characters on GC. If the first name exceeds 17 characters their system automatically discard the remaining characters.
As my First Name is 19 characters , the last two characters were not printed. So CSC asked me to keep old card or new card with different name but not with whole name.

So I responed them to send back my old name.

Thanks
Harsha

Hello, everyone!

My wife received her green card in August. After she was approved and went for processing, it took her something like two weeks to receive the physical green card. UNFORTUNATELY, the green card had her name misspelled! This was the first time that they spelled it wrong. I called immigration and we were instructed to send I-90 with reason "D" to the Vermont Service Center. We sent it in mid August with a letter of explanation and supporting evidence. Since then we heard nothing. I called the main number and they told me to contact them if she hasn't received it six months after we sent it!

I know for a fact that they received the package with no problems on August 18, because of delivery confirmation tracking. My main concern is that it's not somehow lost. It concerns me that initially it took only two-three weeks to send the green card, and now it's been over a month and a half. Does any one have any idea how long it takes to receive corrected green card from the Vermont center?

Another problem we have is that it's time for my wife to apply for Citizenship, but it seems we can't do it without providing copies of the correct green card that we currently don't have. Is that true?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Stan

stanrozenfeld:

I am not sure how long it takes at VSC for replacement cards. Mostly like
you should get it within six months. My wife got her FP within one month
after sending out I90 and got her card in a month after FP. But, this is
TSC I am talking about. So, good luck. Hang on tight.

About applying for citizenship, yes you are correct you need the correct
name on the card to send out N400 application. But, since you got the card
only in August, you can apply for c'ship not until March-2011.

howdy_howdy
//

Thanks, howdy_howdy,

Actually, it's going to be three years soon since my wife got the conditional green card, due to our marriage, so as I understand the situation, she would be able to apply for citizenship within the next couple of months, if not for that darn mistake on her new permanent green card.

Stan

Help!!! Misspelled Last Name On Green Card!!

Hello everybody!

My last name was unfortunately misspelled on my green card and SSS card. I tried calling the 800 number posted on the USCIS website (1800-3755283), and none of the options in the menu were applicable to my problem. I checked the FAQ's and info regarding my problem wasn't there.

Can anybody please help me?

1. What number do I contact? Who do I call?
2. Which form do I need to fill out and where do I send it to?
3. Are there any other actions that are needed to be taken for me to fix my problem?

Thank you very much!! I would very much appreciate any kind of help or suggestions.

abi_christine said:
Hello everybody!

My last name was unfortunately misspelled on my green card and SSS card. I tried calling the 800 number posted on the USCIS website (1800-3755283), and none of the options in the menu were applicable to my problem. I checked the FAQ's and info regarding my problem wasn't there.

Can anybody please help me?

1. What number do I contact? Who do I call?
2. Which form do I need to fill out and where do I send it to?
3. Are there any other actions that are needed to be taken for me to fix my problem?

Thank you very much!! I would very much appreciate any kind of help or suggestions.
replied to your other post. you need to file Form I-90 read the instrucations of filing I-90