question on immigration letter

faliqos

Registered Users (C)
question on immigration letter/s

I'm trying to find out if an immigration letter from uscis does specifically say don't forward to different address (on the outside of the envelope)?

I am using a USPS service (change of address for a few months) and i am worried if the letter says don't forward they might return it back to USCIS.

I am planning to cancel the forward service with the post office, but I need to be sure that uscis letter/s(finger print appointment or interview letter) does say DON'T forward.

First of all, you will need to file AR-11 to notify USCIS of address change. According the regulation, US government official letters/mails are not set to forward by USPS regardless your instruct to the postal services, rather, it is the responsibility of USPS to return the article to sender and notify the sender that receipent has changed address.

Every piece of correspondence sent by the USCIS has "Return Service Requested" printed on the front of the envelope. At times, the USPS will forward USCIS letters to your new address, but most of the time it won't. As Citizentobehz stated, you must fill out form AR-11 to notify the USCIS of your address change.

First of all, you will need to file AR-11 to notify USCIS of address change. According the regulation, US government official letters/mails are not set to forward by USPS regardless your instruct to the postal services, rather, it is the responsibility of USPS to return the article to sender and notify the sender that receipent has changed address.

I haven't change an address. I'm in a different state on a temporary work assignment and will go back to my address.

If you're looking to change your mailing address and not your physical address (N-400 makes this distinction, AR-11 does not) , then speak with an IO over the phone or via Infopass to notify them since the AR-11 is for physical address changes only.

I think the answer to this is that it depends on the particular postman. But why not keep your current mailing address if the move is really temporary and have someone pick up the mail.

question on immigration letter/s

I'm trying to find out if an immigration letter from uscis does specifically say don't forward to different address (on the outside of the envelope)?

I am using a USPS service (change of address for a few months) and i am worried if the letter says don't forward they might return it back to USCIS.

I am planning to cancel the forward service with the post office, but I need to be sure that uscis letter/s(finger print appointment or interview letter) does say DON'T forward.

Change of address requested=Do not forward this and return it to sender,Solution? Premium Forwarding

If you have noticed it says return service requested.That simply tells postal service employee that do not forward this letter and return it if there is change of address order with the post office.
This is the service proovided by post office in the case if you want to knowledge if someone has moved and even you and me can write it on the letter and the letter will be treated same way, so it is not nesseserly for government letters.
Solution is go to local post office and ask for primium forwarding service, It will cost you money but they will hold your mail on your privious address and mail it to your new address in priority box in the period time of your choice if I am not mistaken you just pay for priority mail service. This way you still will have your mail without changeing your address and everything including change service requested letters and basically all you mail and parcels and even junk mails will come to you as long as you have primium forwarding service active. I hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator: