Question On Ap

mlekhala

Registered Users (C)
I have my current AP valid till Jan 30th. I have applied for renewal in September but haven't received approval yet. Now I am travelling to India on Dec first week and returning in Jan 2nd week. If my renewal is approved while I am out of the country, what is the status of my current AP? will it be invalidated? Can I use my current AP for re-entry or not?

Could someone please help me on my this question.

I think your current AP will be valid as per its date......i dont think it gets cancelled when a new one is issued...I may be wrong though..

mlekhala said:
I have my current AP valid till Jan 30th. I have applied for renewal in September but haven't received approval yet. Now I am travelling to India on Dec first week and returning in Jan 2nd week. If my renewal is approved while I am out of the country, what is the status of my current AP? will it be invalidated? Can I use my current AP for re-entry or not?

Could someone please help me on my this question.

You can definately use current AP until Jan 30 irrespective of what happens to new AP application.

Thanks for your replies friends. That definitely relieved me.

If my renewal AP is approved in the middle of Dec and comes with the validity from, lets say, Dec 20 2006 to dec 19 2007, doesn't mean I will have two valid APs for the same period? Is that valid situation?

mlekhala said:

If my renewal AP is approved in the middle of Dec and comes with the validity from, lets say, Dec 20 2006 to dec 19 2007, doesn't mean I will have two valid APs for the same period? Is that valid situation?
old AP becomes invalid.

mlekhala said:

I may be wrong, but I am guessing that new AP will come with validity from Feb 1 onwards.

To confirm check with somebody who has done AP renewal or some lawyer

fast_gc_seeker said:
old AP becomes invalid.
i dont think there is such a rule.....but its kind of mute......you can present your second AP at POE (if dates are valid).....and if any questions get raised....show them your first AP (to prove that you had a valid AP before travel).

mlekhala said:

------------- you can enter with valid AP in hand that is with you before that AP expires. if you get second AP approved in hand BEFORE going out of US you can use that AP. if first AP has expiry of ABC date it does not mean that sond AP will have start date of DEF. no such rule exists