• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

(question) My kids can't go to interview!

Esfahan

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I am devorced and have only included my kids in my original application. Recently, I have been notified about my interview at Abu Dhabi, However, now my kids have decided that they do not want to go to the USA :confused: so I will go alone.
I know that I have to notify the embassey that my kids will not accompany me...
Question 1) how should I notify the embassey?
Question 2) My kids have just changed their mind. is this reason enough? or I should juice it up a bit and come up with some other reason:rolleyes:?
Question 3) is there any document that I need to present?
Question 4) Is there anything else that I need to consider?

Thanks

is there anything else that I need to do or any document I need to present?

Hi
I am devorced and have only included my kids in my original application. Recently, I have been notified about my interview at Abu Dhabi, However, now my kids have decided that they do not want to go to the USA :confused: so I will go alone.
Question 2) My kids have just changed their mind. is this reason enough? or I should juice it up a bit and come up with some other reason:rolleyes:?

Thanks

I think u need to talk to your kids and let them know that this is a one time oppurtunity and that they cannot afford to blow it just like that.
I don't think you need to contact the embassy about it. Just show up on the day of ur interview and them that the kids changed their mind. Their isn't any biggy about it but make sure that you have their birth certificate and pictures which would show that those kids actually exists as it might be grounds for denial if the consular thinks that you lied on the DV application about kids that do not exist.

Again, sit those kids down and talk to them. They must be 21 yrs old and under and might not appreciate this oppurtunity.

I think u need to talk to your kids and let them know that this is a one time oppurtunity and that they cannot afford to blow it just like that.
in about 6-10 years they will be able to immigrate based on their father's GC or US citizenship.

Kids...

Hi

Thanks

I had the same happen with my 19yr old. He decided he didn't want to come. I contacted the consulate by email stating that he would not be attending the interview with us and asked what I should do. They responded that they had noted it on my file that he would not be attending and said that it would not impact the rest of my families interview but that my son should be reminded that if he doesn't complete the process and get a visa before Sep30, 2008, he would be out of luck. He was also warned that they could run out of visa numbers before the end of the year, and to not leave it to long.

We had no problems at our interview. They kept copies of everything for him to do later if he decided. The lady did ask if I had his birth certificate which we didn't have at the interview, and it was no problem. I think she was going to partially process his application and leave it pending or something.

Informally I was told at the interview that he should make a decision by March and contact the Consulate to get another interview if he didn't want to miss out.

This was our experience, your's may vary.

Thank you guys for your replies. I guess I will just do as HondaRider has done, and will not say that they have decided not to go, but say that they can not appear in the interview. maybe later they change their mind and I don't want to close all the options.

I had the same happen with my 19yr old. He decided he didn't want to come. I contacted the consulate by email stating that he would not be attending the interview with us and asked what I should do. They responded that they had noted it on my file that he would not be attending and said that it would not impact the rest of my families interview but that my son should be reminded that if he doesn't complete the process and get a visa before Sep30, 2008, he would be out of luck. He was also warned that they could run out of visa numbers before the end of the year, and to not leave it to long.

We had no problems at our interview. They kept copies of everything for him to do later if he decided. The lady did ask if I had his birth certificate which we didn't have at the interview, and it was no problem. I think she was going to partially process his application and leave it pending or something.

Informally I was told at the interview that he should make a decision by March and contact the Consulate to get another interview if he didn't want to miss out.

This was our experience, your's may vary.