Question I-797c, Notice Of Action

kksurkk

Registered Users (C)
I filed I-485 & I-765 through same package [ Delivered 10/30/2006 ]

On 11/09/06 I received through Mail Notice of Action for I-765 [ ND 11/06/06 ]

Will I get a Notice of Action for I-485 ?? :confused:

** Because checks cashed for I-485 & I-765 on same date 11/06/06

Appreciate your help.

My NOA for I-485 came a week before the I-765. You'll get a notice for each even though they may not come all at once.

Thank you so much to CAMSTER & CANUCK IN VA for answering my question. It is a relief for me and my wife now.

since we are on the topic... does anyone know what the diff is between a I-797C and a I797? in the state of new jersey the I797 is needed to either obtain or renew a drivers livence. when i went to the DMV a few months ago to renew they said that those 2 were independent from each other...

My mistake, its because I haven't bloody well got mine yet.

BTW "C" doesn't stand for copy, as there is a I-797A and also a I-797B. A quick look on the web seems to suggest that the only difference between the "A", "B" and "C" versions are the formatting and perforations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow this is getting pretty confusing now.
So what exactly is I-797C & I-797 ?
and if possible the difference between them.

As I said above, it seems that all I-797s are "Notice of Action", the A, B and C varients are just formatted slightly differently.

For example, the I-797B has a perforated bottom so a replacement I-94 card can be printed on it. This is so when H1-B holders get their H1-B removed, they get a new I-94 valid for the length of the approval of their latest visa.

C may not stand for courtesy copy, but I-797C is not supposed to be "origianal".
if talks about h1, people usually receives 2 approval notices. One is 797A/B, another is 797C. 797A is with I-94 and 797B is without it(797A/B might be obtained through employer or lawyer since a beneficiary is not a petitioner). Consulate won't accept 797C for stamp because it is not original.

So, if they ask for "original", 797C won't work.

I have never received a I-797C for my H1-B when it was approved, just the I-797B. I did however get an I-797C when the H1-B was filed, just like I did when I filed for AOS.

In the case of my I-797B, my employers made a point of keeping the original and only giving me the I-94 part. Make of that what you will.

Thanks to everyone. I got my I-485 notice of action today and also Finger print appointment letter today. :)

Once again, we are happy, thanks a lot.