Question for tnwalker : Oath Letter

AKish

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Your process timing are similar to mine. Your DO is San Diego and your Interview date was 6/4/09, same as mine. Did you received your Oath Letter. I have still not received, but my wife did on 6/24/09. Please let me know.

Thanks

Thanks Guys

I mean my wife received Oath Letter on 6/15/09 for Oath ceremony on 6/24/09.

Hello Akish,
Yes, I received my oath letter on 6/16. I actually had plans for this whole week and had to cancel it and am flying out wed evening after the oath. They say to come in at 7.30am..

Wow what time was your interview-mine was at 11am 6/4.

But surprising you didn't get your oath letter. Mine was a name change(well not really a name change-my birth certificate had one letter off-so he put that as my old name and put my name as the "new" name-my N-445 came with the "old" name"). I still got mine.

But maybe you can call the DO and ask and if not the 1-800 number and second level officer-no NBC number and they conenct you. Just a possibility that if they lost in the mail-especially since your wife got it too?

Thanks Dude

My interview was at noon on 6/4/09

I called the 1800 number WITH NBC number and they told me to wait for 90 days, before they can do anything.

So you are saying call 1800 number WITHOUT NBC number?

Well when you call the 800 number it only gets you to the first level officer-he/she really has no access-often will not transfer you to teh second level. I just called and said I misplaced my NBC number and then they transfer you right away-the second level officer is the one with access to your file. He can look at it from your social, address etc. and at least say if the oath letter was sent out or not-that way you can be sure.

Akish did you getyour oathn letter . I did my oath and updated soc security and applied for passport.

Two guys standing behind me for the oath seemed to have the same issue. Their wives attended interview same as them, but did not get oath letter yet. If you didn'tget, maybe next month..Pretty impressive, they had people from 78 countries take the oath.

tnwalker

My wife completed Oath and now is US Citizen. I'm still waiting for my Oath Letter. Its nice to hear that there are other people also waiting for Oath Letter. I will wait for 2 more week, before applying for InfoPass.

Congrat to be US citizen

Akish

Waiting for Oath Letter.

This morning I called the 800 number and was able to get to second level IO. He said its in the queue. Once they schedule it, I will be receiving the Oath Letter. So I guess I will wait for 2-3 weeks and then call again. Hopefully I will get it before that.

Thanks

Akish, we had the same deal; wife and husband with ceremony dates one month apart, even though our interviews were on the same day.

So it probably won't help you much, but just wanted to let you know that your case is not out of the ordinary. Surely the letter will arrive soon within the next month or so if your form said recommend for approval.

Maybe try not checking the mail for a few days at a time so that you don't drive yourself mad with anticipation (and getting let down daily).

Sri69

Thanks for sharing. It really helps. I was thinking I was the only one. As you said, I will wait, may be it will be in the mail soon.

Thanks

No not yet. According to IO, its in queue for scheduling, which is done at local DO. Can you please post your timeline.