Question for the gurus

Rajiv S. Khanna

HOST, Immigration.Com
Staff member
Spoke to an IIO for the first time since applying for 485. The officer who answered asked for my EAC number and told me that my case is "Still Pending". I asked him if my 140 was assigned for CP and he said he has no idea. He also said he has "no idea why the case is pending...please call back in 60 days".

My Question is:

I forgot to ask him if my FP was OK and if there was any problem with my case. Does the IIO automatically tell you if there is a problem or an RFE was issued without asking specifically about it? He did say that he has no idea why the case is pending Does this mean that no RFE was issued so far and no problems have been found in my application so far?

No Title

Seems that you talked with a very stupid IIO. I was told by the local INS officer where I did my FP that it usually take them up to a month to send an FP redo notice if your FP is not good. So, wait a month. If you don\'t hear anything, you can assume you are safe--at least that\'s the case in my city. They do not contact you if your FP is fine.

Thanks for the reply UE

My FP was done 10 months ago, in Dec 2000. So I guess I must be safe, based on your reply.

I feel frustrated that they are doing November 2000 approvals while my Sep 2000 ND is still pending and the IIO has no idea what\'s going on...

Does "Pending" mean that the case has been assigned to an officer?