Question for Jim Mills

Help2

Registered Users (C)
Hi Jim,

My question Is it necessary for an Employer to inform about I-140 cancellation , Is there any rule mentioned by INS and also Is there any time period within which company needs to notify INS to cancel I-140.

Thanks ,

Help2

My question Is it necessary for an Employer to inform about I-140 cancellation,
-----No rule from INS that Employer should inform INS about cancellation of I-140
Is there any rule mentioned by INS and also is there any time period within which company needs to notify INS to cancel I-140.

----- No time period from INS to inform INS for Conciliation of I-140 but Employer can send letter to INS any time to cancel the I-140 but if the I-1485 has been filed and has been pending with INS more than 180 days then if you use AC21 then Employer looses the control over I-140 and his request to Cancel I-140 will not be accepted

Only employer is required to Inform INS for H1B revocation when the employer leaves them but many employers don’t inform INS

That is my opinion based on reading many lawyers websites and information provided under portability of I-1485 or AC21 interpretation , still final regulations are not published for AC21

Op piece

Employer can inform INS about the 140 cancellation/amendment
any time (even after 10 years after application!!)
The issue is i guess, whether such request affect candidate's GC process. Answer is NOOOO

help needed Mr. Jim

I think a lawyer can answer about this question .

Mr. Jim what you have to say about it ?

Thanks ,

Help2