Question for form N-625

hamelionche

Registered Users (C)
Hi to all,
My interview was couple days ago. Everithing was ok, I pass the English test, sign up the photos and the last parts of the application when I was asked from the IO, but I am kind of confused. IO said that for her there is no problem but she would like to make some more research about my case - she hand me N-652 with X and Hilighted in gray "You pass the test of English and US history and government" , down below is hilighted in gray A) "Congratulations! Your application ...." but on B) there are two XX - "A decision cannot yet be made....." but it is not hilighted in gray and I am little confused - do I have to wait 90 days for decision or I have to wait for Oath letter, because the IO said that I might receive first decision letter, and then Oath letter if I am approvied, or just Oath Letter or in worst case just denial letter. I think that happend because I have a period of more then 6 months, but less then a year out of USA. Please anyone in the same situation to share some experience. Thanks.

If you had a period for over 6 months I'd go see a doctor.:D
More seriously, if you have been outside the country for more than 6 months you need to prove to them that you kept your US residency ties by means of a rental/mortgage agreement for US residence, show them proof you paid US taxes, proof of ownership of US business (if applicable), and proof that your immediate family stayed in US at the time.
Did they ask you anything about the 6 month trip? What was the purpose of the trip?

My parents and my brother are here in USA all of the time - the IO ask me do I have any immediate family in the country that I travel to - except my husband - I said NO. The reason to be out of USA for more then six months - I go back to get married for the father of the child that I was pregnant with :) kind of confusing :) He apply for visa to come to USA but his application was rejected, that`s why I go back ... get married, have our child there and then come back to USA with my daughter...

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you should be ok since your main residence is with your parents in US. Hopefully the IO will be understanding to your situation. You should expect a decision within the next 120 days. Good luck!

I hope I don`t have to wait 120 days or more to find out what is the decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you hear nothing in 30 days or so, I recommend making an Infopass appointment and asking about your case status. Don't waste you time on the 800 customer service number though - they rarely can tell you anything useful.

boatbod thanks for your advise - I`ll keep in mind about that option in case I didn`t hear anything from USCIS within 30 days.