• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question about vaccinations

Yazoo

Registered Users (C)
I have my medicals scheduled for monday. As I don't have my vaccination records on me, I'm curious if the doctor will administer any vaccination shots again. And if yes, which ones?

Thanks!

Actually, for varicella they will waive your vaccination without a proof only if you claim you were ill with varicella, but not just in case you had an unproven vaccination against varicella.

Td/Tdap

Hi again,

About Td/Tdap I have the requiered ones (I think you have to have 3 at least unitl 14). But I think doctors say that is good to give 1 each 10 years to remmember to your system. I had this one when I was 14 but I had anymore. Will I need to give me it?

THANKS!

Just had my medical- what I learned

Hi-

I had my medical exam last week and thought I would share what I learned.

For starters, everyone has to take a blood test (to check for HIV and syphilis) and everyone has to have a tuberculosis test. Because the TB test has to be checked by the doctor 48 hours after it is administered, you will definitely need to see a doctor twice.

My doctor (who was lovely) therefore suggested when I called that they check my blood sample (which I gave for the HIV and syphilis test) for what vaccinations I would need. I live in the US with an H1B and have medical insurance that covered the blood test.

This way I avoided having to look everywhere under the sun for proof of what vaccines I had or had not done. From the results I received when I went back for the second visit, I learned that I had antibodies for many of the diseases on the list (I knew I had had the chickenpox and rubella when I was little) so the doctor only gave me vaccinations for the one I was missing and gave me a tetanus booster shot as well.

Do your homework before you go to the medical- find out what your doctor will charge you not just for the visit but also for any shots that you may need (bearing in mind that you may be exempt from some because they are not age appropriate!). That way, when you go, you will know in advance what will happen and what it will cost.

Finally- I suggest you get a copy of the document that the civil surgeon will give you in a sealed envelope for USCIS (DO NOT OPEN IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE) so that you will have the medical information for your own records. Make sure you ask for it before the doctor seals the envelope!!

best of luck!!

Do you know if everyone has to take the TB test? I already took TB test in the US back in 2000. Thanks.

Do you know if everyone has to take the TB test? I already took TB test in the US back in 2000. Thanks.

I am not sure. I would call the civil surgeon and find out before hand. They may want you to bring proof of when you had the TB test and what the results were... I would also think that the doctor would want to know whether you have traveled to areas outside the US since your previous test as that may affect their decision...

Just back from hospital. Doctor told me that it's too old, he's afraid that they will reject if I use the the old record. Plus TB test fee is not expensive, just $15. So they just took my blood sample and a shot TB test. Since I have a record with me, I don't need any other vaccines (MMR,...). So far, it costs $136. I'll need to check the TB result in 2 days. Hopefully, my result would be negative.

raevsky, lindina254 & hpy: thank you very much, guys, for sharing your experience and providing with very valuable information about the vaccinations