Question about travel outside of US for a GC Holder

virtuoso

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

My employer works with major communications suppliers from across the world. My job requires me to travel as well. I have received my Green Card in July 2004.

Recently, I spent about 6 weeks in India working with a major wireless carrier. After these 6 weeks, I entered USA on April 07, 2007.

Now again, I have been asked by my employer to gather some information about satellite communications delay in Brazil. My guess, is I will be needing to travel to Brazil on May 01, 2007.

It would be helpful, if some of you can help me answer these questions. I have residence in USA and my salary is paid in USA. My employment shows that I am employed with the US Headquarters.

• Are there any issues with frequent travels?
  • I usually carry my employee verification letter, my business cards, my passport and my GC during my travel. Are these documents enough?
  • I will be traveling to Rio De Janeiro. My itinerary has me connecting flights at Sao Paulo, Brazil during both my legs. Is that enough time in Sao Paulo? Where do I do my immigration in Brazil? Is that at POE or at Rio De Janeiro?
  • Any suggestions regarding food in Brazil will be helpful. I am a vegetarian

Many Thanks

Are there any issues with frequent travels?
no, since you are on business trips.
I usually carry my employee verification letter, my business cards, my passport and my GC during my travel. Are these documents enough?
yes. You can also get some kind of letter from your employee that you are on a business trip. However, if your trips are to different countries and they do not exceed 6 months, I wouldn't worry about it.

I will be traveling to Rio De Janeiro. My itinerary has me connecting flights at Sao Paulo, Brazil during both my legs. Is that enough time in Sao Paulo?
enough time for what? how much time is it?

LuckyMO,

Thank you for your responses. When I asked about enough time in Sao Paulo, I was asking about immigration. Do I have enough time to go through immigration in Sao Paulo and then catch my connecting flight to Rio.

Where do I do my immigration in Sao Paulo?

Thanks again.

LuckyMO,

Where do I do my immigration in Sao Paulo?

Thanks again.

My guess is it will be pretty obvious as you get off the plane and follow everyone, you will eventually go to a booth where there is a border and customs person there. (There will be signs in Portuguese and English)

Do you need a visa? Check with the Brazilian consulate nearest you.