Question about I730- Please help

cortaidus

Registered Users (C)
Hello, my wife recenty got approved for political asylum. We were courting for a long time but we got married a day before the immigration judge granted her the asylum, because we thought whatever happens we want to be together. She did put my name on the file on the day of her interview with the judge. and judge granted the asylum congratulating her for our new married life.
What step should i take to get my derivative status now? I've been in the usa for last 10 years as a student. How long does it take to get me a derivative asylee status? also, will i be able to travel back to our home land(we're from the same country) since as a derivative aslyee my life is not danger back home but hers is. Since we just got married a day before the interview, is that going to raise some kind of red flag? Will they interview us. We got married at the country clerk , and have married liscence and certificate.
Please help... I swear to got the marriage is legal and we're in love... we just want to stay together...

Hello, my wife recenty got approved for political asylum. We were courting for a long time but we got married a day before the immigration judge granted her the asylum, because we thought whatever happens we want to be together. She did put my name on the file on the day of her interview with the judge. and judge granted the asylum congratulating her for our new married life.
What step should i take to get my derivative status now? I've been in the usa for last 10 years as a student. How long does it take to get me a derivative asylee status? also, will i be able to travel back to our home land(we're from the same country) since as a derivative aslyee my life is not danger back home but hers is. Since we just got married a day before the interview, is that going to raise some kind of red flag? Will they interview us. We got married at the country clerk , and have married liscence and certificate.
Please help... I swear to got the marriage is legal and we're in love... we just want to stay together...

You should file an I-730. They will look at the case more closely because of the date of the marriage. Good luck.

There's no point trying to convince us that you're rightfully married. Start collecting evidences that'd provide evidences that your marriage wasn't motivated by immigration related benefits.

Good luck.

What kinda evidence i should start collecting? we've been living together for a year and we 've both our names on the lease paper. We have some pics taken together at my graduation, but not too many. and we've friends and families who can vouch for us. Other that that what should i try to gather? Will they interview us? thank you so much for your advises.