• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question about AOS Documents

DmmApril

Registered Users (C)
(November 6, 2005)
I won in Dv 2006 and my number will be current in December. Below are the documents that I'm planing to submit to USCIS in three weeks:

•Form I-485 filled and signed
•Form G-315A filled and signed
•Copy of birth certificate
•Two passport size photographs
•Copies of visa and passport
•Copy of I-94
•Copy of I-20
•Copy of the notification letter from the Department of State
•Money order for $395

Could someone please let me know if I'm missing any documents in the above list, or I'm good to go.

Thanks a bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have to submit your medical exam from sertified phisician too.
And what is notification letter from Department of state?

1. the letter that KCC finished your case.
2. chek for 315$(485 form) and 70$ for fingerprints.
3. receipt that you paid 375$ to Department of State for lottery itself, while this receit you can bring on incoming interview.
4. if you F1 student, i would add the letter from university that you have stipend, or if you oaing yourself, the letter that proving that it is true.
5. medical examination: this is might take 2 weeks for you ! you should do it as soon as possible ! this exam will be valid 1 year.
6. when you will gather all documents. put big label on the envelop that you are DV WINNER 2006, this might help USCIS select you letter from all thousands letter that they are receiving each week.

Thank you Borya. very helpful. I am in the same situation.

Good luck on the next steps of the process.

Thanks guys.

I believe the receipt for the payment of $375 to the department of state, should be submitted during the AOS interview.

As for the medical examination report, I'm not quite sure as to when it should be submmited, but I have been told that my local USCIS office (Chicago) prefers that you hand it to them during the AOS interview. (I think the submission of the medical report depends with the office that you are dealing with as stated on the USCIS website below.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-693.htm (see the "where to file" section)

Good luck to all of you guys and please share your experiences.

LucyMo,

Now I am a little confused. I know you have to send a payment to the USCIS with the application for the AOS. What about the pymt to the Dept of State. My number will not be current till Jan (Feb). Do I have to send the pymt to DOP now, or do i have to wait till then?

Thank you.

There would be no harm in sending your payment to the Department of State now, as long as you don't lose the receipt they send back to you. Alternatively you could wait until your number becomes current...the folks at the department of state are very fast and would send you the receipt immediately they receive your payment.

question about the $375 Fee

I realize that this $375 has to be paid before I can interview. I am sending it now, but how long does it take to get the reciept back from the Pittsburg office to show that I paid the fee. I think my number will be coming up in the December or January batch and I'm not sure if I will have the thing back by then, does anyone have an idea of how long this takes?

it tooks 1.5 week for me to sumbit payments and receive recept back from them. do not forget to put envelope stamped with you payments !

borya said:
it tooks 1.5 week for me to sumbit payments and receive recept back from them. do not forget to put envelope stamped with you payments !

Spasibo, I did. I sent money orders with receipt that I should keep for my records. I hope they not going to loose it. :eek:

Did anyone submit I 134 with AOS? Do we require to submit I-134 with other documents or we need to bring it to interview?

I received back today receipt from DS. The same piece of paper that I sent to DS with stamp "PAID on Nov 15". Is that it? For $1125 can do something better :D Just kidding. So it took 5 business days since I sent payment and received back receipt. I wish USCIS worked with the same efficiency.