Qualification for unemployment benefit for Asylee before filing I-485

bear_sea

I'm recently granted asylum status. Before that I was on working visa and paying tax for 3 years and got laid off recently(before the grant of asylum). So do I qualify for unemployment benefit?
thanks

You do qualify,i also filed and am receiving benefits.was on work visa and am now on asylee status ,file application and send all info they may require

I am on H1 visa and soon filling LC EB3 through mu current employer)I am in New york city and was seeking some attorney in my area. I spoke with couple over the phone. They said YES, I can file ASYLUM parallel to my H1. however, they didn't say that H1 would be put on hold meanwhile. This is new information thanks. Also, few more bad thing I found if you can tell me if it is correct ?

1) Lets say asylum is approved. While I am on asylum and waiting for GreenCard, I cannot go to my country even in case of Emergency or something ???

2) If Asylum is denied, it would look bad when I apply for any other status in future.??
3) The most important --- if denied, would I still be able to extend my H1 in future???

Please reply... Thanks alot.

Returning to your home country, even in an emergency, reflects badly on your claims that qualify you for consideration for asylum. You need to discuss this with the attorney handling your case.

Thanks for replying. Can I extend my H1 visa (like everyone else extends) ??

I appreciate your response.