Q4 (OCT-DEC) 2008 N400 Filers Tracker

I received a yellow letter today containing the checklist of required documents and only the state issued identification card is checked in it.

Does this mean that I am going to receive an interview letter soon?

It means you are going to get interview letter, but it doesn't necessarily mean soon. How soon you receive interview letter depends on interview availability at DO.

didnt write N/A or None in application

I realized only a few days ago that I didnt right n/a OR none in any of the applicable places.... Is this going to be a HUGE problem, could my application be denied, or deffered after interview ?

-----------------------------------------------------
Sent N-400 - 12/05/2008
N-400 recd - 12/08/2008
NOA dated - 12/14/ 2008
Check cashed- 12/16/2008
FP notice dated- 12/19/2008
FP scheduled- 01/08/2009
FP completed- 01/08/2009 (Alexandria ASC)
IL dated - 02/05/2009
IL Recd - 02/07/2009
ID scheduled- 03/17/2009 (Fairfax ASC)

I realized only a few days ago that I didnt right n/a OR none in any of the applicable places.... Is this going to be a HUGE problem, could my application be denied, or deffered after interview ?

A denial for not marking n/a on application.:confused:

The instructions suggest you put n/a in fields that don't apply to you, but if you leave them blank instead it had no effect on your application.

i have a misdemanor on my record for which i was give supervision which ended in 2005 i have an interview on 04/09/09 in chicago . will this offense hurt my n400 case i have all the required papers of disposition. and court receipts .cause i have heared in chicago they give oath letter right away if you are approved.

What was the offense? its best to consult a Lawyer if your case is not straight forward.

A denial for not marking n/a on application.:confused:

The instructions suggest you put n/a in fields that don't apply to you, but if you leave them blank instead it had no effect on your application.
The advantage of putting 'n/a' is that it shows to the interviewer (and to you when checking the form) that you didn't just not see that particular question. However, since the interviewer will probably ask you about each question anyway, it is no big deal.

Just spoke to 2nd level IO and the nice lady mentioned that I 'm scheduled in the system for the interview on 04/28/09 at 10.45 AM in Atlanta. Btw, I had couple of events passed before I got this. First Received Yellow letter (Case File Review) and second my on-line status changed to validation errors...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just spoke to 2nd level IO and the nice lady mentioned that I 'm scheduled in the system for the interview on 04/28/09 at 10.45 AM in Atlanta. Btw, I had couple of events passed before I got this. First Received Yellow letter (Case File Review) and second my on-line status changed to validation errors...

Why-R2, this is good news!! For some reason Atlanta is becoming slow. Hopefully, they will start scheduling our interview soon.
Good luck

Why-R2,

That's good news. I received the CFR letter also on the 9th so hope that am in a similar boat as you for the interview scheduling. I tried calling but the 2nd level IO would not give out any more info. I have started collecting what they have asked in terms of tax transcripts, birth certificates and proff of payment for the ticket. It does seem like a bunch of name checks got cleared last week and that initiated these CFR's.

Regards,

mnq_n400.

mnq_n400,

Yeah. I think we are in the same time line and hope you might also be getting in a day or two. Btw, someone in the forum mentioned that if we have interview in the morning and oath will be the same day in Atlnata DO. Do you know anything on this ?

I have traffic tickets that I declared on my N400 and I need to collect the receipts which was mentioned in my case review letter and finally wait for the actual letter.

Why-R2, this is good news!! For some reason Atlanta is becoming slow. Hopefully, they will start scheduling our interview soon.
Good luck
DoxATL,

Yeah. I also did not see many Atlanat DO interview letters and hopefully this will change soon. All the best and good luck.

yeah..i too realized that..atlanta has become slow..

BTW..does atlanta has same day oath ceremony..shanks
shanks1975,

I saw few postings that mentioned, in Atlanta if the interviews are in the morning then the oaths will be done the same day, but I 'm not sure that it is for all the cases.

Thanks and good luck to you

Why-R2,

Atlanta does offer same day oath but it all depends on your IO. From what I have heard if you get done before 1200 they accomadate you for the oath the same day which happens at 2:00 PM. Hopefully will get the Interview letter soon. Please post your details once you get it also. Good Luck.

Regards,

mnq_n400

mnq_n400,

Yeah. I think we are in the same time line and hope you might also be getting in a day or two. Btw, someone in the forum mentioned that if we have interview in the morning and oath will be the same day in Atlnata DO. Do you know anything on this ?

I have traffic tickets that I declared on my N400 and I need to collect the receipts which was mentioned in my case review letter and finally wait for the actual letter.

CFR/Interview document checklist received today.

I maybe getting closer to the ID. I received CFR today dated 3/10/09, 4 days after the service request. Also received a letter in response saying current processing time for N-400 at DO is 6 months.

Asked to bring the following to the interview:
1. DL
2. IRS transcripts, mortgage payments, utility bills etc.
3. Certified copies of birth certificates for all my minor children born in the US.

Based on the trend I maybe close to getting the IL soon and it seems the service request prompted some action.

IL Received!

Guys, I received my IL today, 4 days after the Yellow Letter (CFR) and one day after my online status changed. Good luck to all, you will receive your IL's soon. Details are updated in the signature.