10/08/08: Applied N400 and sent it
10/11/08: USPS Confirmed Delivery
10/14/08: Check Cashed
10/14/08: Notice Date
10/22/08: Received Date
10/14/08: Priority Date
11/03/08: FP Notice Received
11/20/08: FP Appointment
11/08/08: FP Newark Walk in done(sat 10am)
12/28/08: Interview letter received.
02/12/09: Interview date @ 8:30am in Newark
02/12/09: Interview done. Was in @ 8:am, came out @ 2pm after oath. (Noticed that the interview person had all my records including tax W2 from 1997)
(Total time : 4 months and 4 days)
02/13/09: Applied USA passport - Expedited.
02/20/09: Received US passport.
02/23/09: Applied for India OCI card.

Best of luck to everyone out there and thanks to this forum.

what do you mean IO had tax W2? how could they possibly get them, even IRS will not have them since you dont send them with e-file.
Probably from the original greencard filing. I assume that ones file just accumulates every bit of paper ever sent to, or by, the USCIS.

2/23 Sent three N-400's to Phoenix lockbox by Priority Mail with tracking in a single standard USPS Priority mail envelope. Had double checked address and it was the correct one
2/25 Got USPS tracking message of We attempted to deliver your item at 11:45 AM on February 25, 2009 in PHOENIX, AZ 85036 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office.

Has anyone received this type of message?

2/23 Sent three N-400's to Phoenix lockbox by Priority Mail with tracking in a single standard USPS Priority mail envelope. Had double checked address and it was the correct one
2/25 Got USPS tracking message of We attempted to deliver your item at 11:45 AM on February 25, 2009 in PHOENIX, AZ 85036 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office.

Has anyone received this type of message?

I am sure that it will get picked up in 24 hours or so. Let us know if thats not the case.

I guess it's my turn to report the good news.

I had my citizenship interview today at the Congress Parkway in Chicago. It was at 8:15AM, and I was there at 7:40. It was in the third floor, where a bunch of people were waiting for their interview. There was a huge line to submit interview letters and get in queue, but I got called immediately after I got there by a young Hispanic lady. I was led in the room, and asked to raise my right arm and swear to tell the truth, which I did.

Immediately she opened my file and began asking me question from the test. She asked me six question, and after getting them all right, she stopped. She asked me to write a sentence ("We have one hundred senators") and then proceeded to ask me questions from the application. She went through the whole thing, and asked me every single one. When it came to my trips outside the US, she just noted that my last trip was in 2008 for 5 months and then moved on. I had provided her with my passport(s) and copies of them, and she seemed satisfied. After completing all the questions, she asked me if I wanted to take my oath on March 5th. I said Yes and she told me that she needs me to wait for around 30 minutes outside until all is done. I gathered my documents, and after signing the application and photos, was led to the waiting room. I thanked her, and started waiting.

After about 30 minutes or so, my name was called on the intercom, and my oath letter was handed to me. It is on March 5th, 2009 at 8:00 AM at the Dirksen Federal Building on Dearborn. I must say, I was impressed by their punctuality and professionalism. And the entire process took less than 5 months, which is another plus for them. Quite naturally, I am happy to have my oath in a week! :)

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Mr Vertigo,

Congrats for both passing interview and oath date.

If I may ask, Total how many days were you out during last 5 years?

Was just trying to weigh my options(mostly worried about that 5+ month trip):

I got my GC 06/17/2004

I have had following outside visits:
jan 05 - feb 05 -- 42 days
nov 07 - apr 08 -- 174 days
sep 08 - oct 08 -- 10 days
jan 09 - feb 09 -- 24 days

planning to apply 03/19/09

Last edited by a moderator:
Fingerprint problems????

Hi,

I had my FP done on Nov-22-2008. Since then, I have not received a IL thus far.

I got a letter from the USCIS in January saying that I should bring more information to the interview (info on traffic tickets, driver's license and birth certificate of any children born in the US).

I went to an Infopass on Jan-27th and was told that the letter was sent because they could not read my fingerprints and I should bring all the additional information requested to the interview. The rep. at the Infopass also said that typically when you get such a letter, they schedule you for an interview soon.

Its almost the end of Feb and I still have no interview letter.

When I check the status of the case online it says "This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location".

Any suggestions / comments as to what I can do next

Jas

D/O : Columbus, OH
10/27/08 : N-400 Mailed.
10/30/08 : N-400 Received
11/02/08 : Check cached
11/05/08 : FP Notice Received.
11/22/08 : FP Done.
01/20/09 : Additional Info Letter received
??/??/?? : IL
??/??/?? : Interview
??/??/?? : Oath Letter
??/??/?? : Oath Ceremony

Mr Vertigo,

Congrats for both passing interview and oath date.

If I may ask, Total how many days were you out during last 5 years?

Was just trying to weigh my options(mostly worried about that 5+ month trip):

I got my GC 06/17/2004

I have had following outside visits:
jan 05 - feb 05 -- 42 days
nov 07 - apr 08 -- 174 days
sep 08 - oct 08 -- 10 days
jan 09 - feb 09 -- 24 days

planning to apply 03/19/09

More than you, around 315. I would just get my documents ready (she specifically asked for copies of my passport(s)) and any tickets you may have to prove that you came back. Wouldn't worry about it. Thanks!

Ii wanted to go out for 2 weeks between FP and Interview, but now thinking it may not be a good idea since I will be reporting that during interview. just to be on a little safer side.

If I travel after interview and before Oath, Do I have to report it during Oath? and How?

Atlast received the Interview letter. But received two Interview Letters with the same date and time on the same day. Has anyone experienced the same?

D/O : Chicago
11/24/08 : N-400 Mailed to Nebraska Service Center.
11/28/08 : Receipt Date.
12/09/08 : FP Notice Received
12/24/08 : FP Appointment.
04/02/09 : Interview Date.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had FP walk in' done 12/24/08 with NC cleared but no IL yet. Detroit is generally quick but no one has posted updates recently.

I am thinking of doing an infopass since it is almost 90 days since NOA and 2 months since FP.

Anybody from detroit received IL lately?

Detroit is kinda wierd, did FP mid Oct, and my interview is March 31, just got letter. My mom did hers mid Sep and had interview for Dec. Got her IL mid Nov
So pretty much anything goes, my IL didnt come till 4mths+ post FP. Hers came 2mths afterwards, even though she rescheduled.
Good to see other offices where folks are getting theirs done in 3mths!!

Atlast received the Interview letter. But received two Interview Letters with the same date and time on the same day. Has anyone experienced the same?

I got two letters with the same date and time as well. My interview went fine and am now waiting for oath.

I just realized that my D/O is St Paul, MN and not Milwaukee, WI because I live in North Wisconsin.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
D/O : St Paul, MN
12/18/08 : N-400 Mailed to Nebraska Service Center.
12/22/08 : Forwarded to Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox.
12/29/08 : USPS (A notice was left at PO Box 21251).
12/29/08 : USPS ( mail delivered).
01/05/09 : Check cached
01/08/09 : NOA Received
01/12/09 : FP Notice Received.
01/21/09 : FP Appointment.
02/28/09 : Interview Letter.
04/20/09 : Interview Date.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

I saw in another thread, saying that
initial interview = the formal interview with officer.
second interview = oath ceremony. Before taking oath ceremony, you need to answer the questions in a sheet. It's not a formal interview, just turn in your answers.

I am wondering what these questions look like. I'm going to take a trip after my initial interview, will it affect me? Does anyone have the completed list of the questions in second interview?