Q3 (JUL-SEP) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

Mine still says:

Request for Evidence

On July 30, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION.

usnycus,

No e-mail with "standard interview" yet? I haven't received it.

Timeline

Finally, I am joining in with my own timeline. It will be good to become a citizen before Christmas and I am counting on it by faith! Nothing is impossible :)

My Info

N-400. DO : Wichita, KS

09.19.2009 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix, AZ
09.21.2009 : Mail Received
09.22.2009 : Priority Date
09.24.2009 : Notice Date
09.28.2009 : NOA Received
xx.xx.2009 : FP Notice Date
xx.xx.2009 : FP Notice Received
xx.xx.2009 : FP Date
xx.xx.2009 : Interview Letter Received
xx.xx.2009 : Interview Date
xx.xx.2009 : Oath Letter
xx.xx.2009 : Oath Date
xx.xx.2009 : Passport Applied
xx.xx.2009 : Passport Received

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, could you please share your interview experience

Here is my insight on the interview process,

Our interview was scheduled for Sept 21st 10:20 AM. As I read through prior interview experiences in this forum that folks had walked out of the interview in 20 mins and we expected a quick turnaround but it was not true on our case. We had to wait almost 3 hours (2 and half hours for myself and 3 hours for my wife) before being called by the officer.

But the interview process itself was pleasant and quick. Took oath to answer “True” during the interview. The officer quickly went through my file and confirmed my name, address, job and the job title. Asked about the citation and confirmed these are moving violation and settled outside the court (Had specified two violations (paid $40 a piece) on the N-400.

No other documents were asked.

Then the actual interview process, (1) which state has the largest population? I answered. Then, she wanted me to write “California has the most people”. The officer marked her sheet with my answers. Next came the 6 questions,

1) Why did the colonists fight the British?
2) During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the United States?
3) What are two rights in the Declaration of Independence?
4) Who is in charge of the executive branch?
5) If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
6) There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote.

Nailed them all.

Congratulations were in order!!! The officer said that she is recommending me for the citizenship.

The officer verified the 5 year duration from the GC (On the interview day we were 5 yrs and 1 day from the green card). The officer inquired that will I be able to take the Oath the same day and I said yes.

When I came out, to my surprise, I saw my wife still waiting to be called. FINALLY, the officer came to call my wife in. It was quick and she had nailed it too.

The only thing was we were given two different timeslots for the Oath ceremony. 2:00 pm for myself and 4:15 from my wife. Now we had waited even longer. But to take the positive out, given that its two timeslots were able to take pictures of each others Oath ceremony. Took the pledge and was pronounced to be “US Citizen”.

YES!!! YOU COULD CARRY CAMERA / CAMCORDER WITH YOU TO FILM THE CERMONY.

By the time when everything said and done it was 5:30 pm.

Best wishes for the all of you who are waiting for the interview!!!!

Regards!!!

Me and my wife had interview on Sept 25th 2009 at 1:20 PM. We both passed our interview and received a letter stating a "Decision Could not be made on your case as you did not complete 5 year eligibility requirement".

Both IO's stated that we will receive a oath letter after Sept 30th (5 year anniversary date) in mail.

Quite a wait on the DO office but at the end all is good.

Can you share the circumstances surrounding your same day interview and oath? I also learnt sometimes the same day Oath ceremony is determined by the distance between your home and the USCIS location where you did you interview and subsequestly your Oath. By the way, thanks for sharing your interview experience. I think this forum has become the place to be if you want real life information as regards filing petition and application. People like you have made this forum worthwhile. A special thanks to the owner of the website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my wife had interview on Sept 25th 2009 at 1:20 PM. We both passed our interview and received a letter stating a "Decision Could not be made on your case as you did not complete 5 year eligibility requirement".

Both IO's stated that we will receive a oath letter after Sept 30th (5 year anniversary date) in mail.

Congratulations, could you please share your experiences w/ the interview

Anyone here got similar message when you check the case status in USCIS website:

Request for Evidence
On August 26, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

I did not receive any letter after I did my FP on 9/2/2009.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, I have my Interview coming UP in couple of weeks, looking forward to get some insights from Previous Guys. I appreciate your Help . Do they do same day Oath?

The google map showing to take exit 228 on I10 towards East and go in opposite direction on East Service Road. Is it easy to get There?

Thanks
-SatyaM

--------------------------------------------
Naturalization: New Orleans DO
--------------------------------------------
July 17, 2009 - Mailed N-400 to TX-Lockbox
July 23, 2009 - NOA
Aug 12, 2009 - Bio Metrics @ Jackson, MS
Oct 13, 2009 - Interview @ New Orleans, LA

I got this email yesterday and same in text message "we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION". I am guessing this if for FP. My online status also changed to "Request for Additional Evidence Sent"