Here is my time info

DO Arlington VA
Application mailed - 8/8/08
Application received - 8/12/08
Priority date - 8/12/08
Notice received - 8/22/08 expect 90 days
FP 9/11/08 done

Mount Laurel, NJ
I got my citizenship today. It was a great experiance. Thanks guys for all the support and guidance. I went there around 10.15AM. The IO called me around 11.AM and goes through the interview process quickly. He asked me 15 questions and he had all the documents that I submitted in (madrass) 6 years ago. I was little bit surprised and he is a philly Fan and we talked a little bit regarding the phillys chances in the world series. He asked me whether i had any traffic tickets and why i checked no in in the
N400 other than that he had nod problems. He asked me whether I paid all my tickets and told me to stay away from trouble. As far as document concerned he asked my GC drivers License and social security card. Everything else went fine. I took the oath around 3.15PM and the whole process is over.

Application mailed – 8/01/08
Application received – 8/05/08
Priority date – 8/07/08
Fingerprint appt notice – 8/12/08
Fingerprint appt date - 9/05/08 in Philadelphia, PA
Fingerprint completed - 9/05/08
Interview letter received - 9/24/08
Interview scheduled - 10/17/08
Complete interview and oath 10/17/08

Total day ----75

Time Line update

Here is the new update for my case

PD : 7/29/08
FP: 8/23/08
IL: 10/15/08
ID: 11/20/08

Here is the new update for my case
for Baltimore /VSC SC
PD : 7/29/08
FP: 8/23/08
IL: 10/15/08
ID: 11/20/08

Here is the update for my case NY/VSC,
I also feel the VSC processing has got slower :-( anyone else from VSC feeling the same ???

Application mailed - 9/19/2008
Receipt Dt- 9/23/2008
Priority Dt- 9/23/2008
Check cashed - 9/25/2008
Notice Dt - 10/9/2008
FP appt notice - ??
FP appt date - ??
IL received - ??
Interview scheduled - ??

I actually think that VSC and more specifically baltimore office has sped things up. I read some one finished the n400 procesing from application to oath in exact 4 months.

Here is the update for my case NY/VSC,

Today received FP notice so I am :) and progressing

Application mailed - 9/19/2008
Receipt Dt- 9/23/2008
Priority Dt- 9/23/2008
Check cashed - 9/25/2008
Notice Dt - 10/9/2008
FP appt notice - 10/23/2008
FP appt date - 10/30/2008
IL received - ??
Interview scheduled - ??

I got my interview letter yesterday.
I wish I get it about a month later for a reason, but oh, well...

Fuzzy congratulations.

Trust me do not ever wish that you had received a letter from USCIS LATER.
best of luck for the Interview.

Vik_b

PD 7/29/08
FP 8/23/08
ID 11/20/08

I got my IL for 11/19/2008 , it says bring selective service registration , i did send a copy along with my application. I dont have the original , do you guys think copy will do. I was over the age when i got GC but I have a letter says that I dont need to register.

Washapply, I suggest you bring everything you can. You do not want your oath delayed cause you did not have one little paper. I brought my birth certificate although it did not ask me on the paper (the IO did not ask for it by the way) and tax returns for the past 3 years (I filed based on marriage). Good luck!!!

washapply
1) Write a request for status from selective services as soon as possible.
Take that letter and a copy of it to your interview.

2) Take previous 5 years of tax transcripts (form 1722) if applying based on employment otherwisw 3 years if applying based on marriage. You can get these transcripts or form 1722 by calling IRS.

3) Take birth certificate in original and in copy (in case the IO needs it)

Vik_b

washapply
1) Write a request for status from selective services as soon as possible.
Take that letter and a copy of it to your interview.

2) Take previous 5 years of tax transcripts (form 1722) if applying based on employment otherwisw 3 years if applying based on marriage. You can get these transcripts or form 1722 by calling IRS.

3) Take birth certificate in original and in copy (in case the IO needs it)

Vik_b

VIK_b

thanks for your reply
I have a copy of SS , Do you think a copy will do or i need to request an original.

VIK_b

thanks for your reply
I have a copy of SS , Do you think a copy will do or i need to request an original.

call the SS to get your SS card. you should be able to receive it in mail before your interview. in case you don't get it on time print a copy from SS website or whatever copy you have. the copy should work but why take a chance when you have plenty of time to get the original. either way they will ask you for your SS service registration proof during your interview.

It is a good idea to get the original from selective services.
In the mean while go to their website and get a print out of your status with selective services as a back up. This will only work if you are actaully registered with them.

vik_b

Thanks guys for the reply

I am 35 now , I did not have to register as i was on H1B1 visa (18_26)till i got my green card 5 years ago, I sent all the info and they sent me a letter says i dont have to register , I only have a copy of this letter .