Q3 (JUL-SEP) 2008 N400 Filers Tracker

Yellow letter

Chirl - thanks for the information. Do I need to be concerned that I didn't receive the interview letter yet?

Did any one else recd the yellow letter before the interview letter? What can I do to ensure that the IL didn't get lost in transition? Any thoughts???

I also received yellow letter (interview doc check list), before fingerprint date (yellow letter date - 9/03, FP date - 9/09). My guess is, it is not connected to interview date, because it is sent from National Benefits Center (and interview letter is sent from DO). I suspect it is going to slow down again, now that we are almost past voting registration deadline :(

peelua

My mom and I have our interviews today! At 2:30 p.m. and 2:10 p.m. respectively in Milwaukee. Wish us luck!

I will make sure to update our progress. Either way, I will know more soon!

Passed! The Milwaukee office was ridiculously empty and the whole interview took less than 20 minutes!

My lady was very sweet and chatty. Once I got in her office, I felt a lot better. I was almost late since we took a wrong turn on the way there...

My mom also passed! Unlike me, she had to show her passport and driver's license (which she only brought on my recommendation). My lady didn't ask for any documents. I still felt much better having them with me.

I was told we would get a letter with our oath date. I guess they are working hard to get everyone in before the election, obviously they couldn't guarantee it. My mom's guy told her to make sure they put us in the same ceremony.

Whew! We went out after and celebrated! Then I had a nap. I knew I would feel much better tonight. :)

Hope yours goes as well! Mine was mostly verifying information and signing my name on everything.

VSC is slower than other SC

It looks like VSC is lagging in N400 compare to other service centers specially for Q3 (July onwards) applications. Is this true and does any one the reasons??

This is my timeline:

--------------------------------
D/O : Cincinnati OHIO
07/14/08 : N-400 Mailed to NSC.
07/18/08 : Priority Date.
08/12/08 : FP Appointment & Done.
08/31/08 : Interview Letter.
10/03/08 : Interview Date - Pass Test & "USCIS will mail the decision".:confused:

It looks like VSC is lagging in N400 compare to other service centers specially for Q3 (July onwards) applications. Is this true and does any one the reasons??

For the little I have seen, ppl here in NJ (Newark/ Mount Laurel DOs) are getting their IL about 2.5 mo after their Priority date....this is fast...

May be that's why there are so few time line posted for VSC.
I hope more people who have applied through VSC post their time line . Here is mine through Baltomore /VSC

PD 7/29/08
FP 8/23/08
IL ??/??/??
OD ??/??/??

Finally got the IL. Frankly, I was thinking about dusting off my mandamus complaint from the my green card era. Back then it took the friendly folks from the FBI two and a half years to clear my name check. So I had to rattle their chain with a law suit.

This time around, I am pleasantly surprised to gt my name check cleared in under two months! I guess things are changing for the better!

Update about my case

I got the Oath Letter today asking me to go to Cincinnati on Oct 17 @ 1pm!!! :D
Finally...after one week of being miserable and paranoid!!! LOL...

Goodluck to everyone!

--------------------------------------
My Timeline (Cincinnati):
Jul 14, 08 - Filed N-400
Jul 29, 08 - Confirmation
Aug 13, 08 - Fingerprint
Oct 03, 08 - Interview["Pass Test" and "Decision in the mail"]
Oct 10, 08 - Oath Letter
Oct 17, 08 - Oath Date @ 1pm :D

Congratulation!:)

Thanks! I feel so much better now. The hardest part is done, now I just need the most important part!

Still waiting on my oath letter. Braved the cold WI night to check my mailbox. Only junk ads! :p

This is crazy. I mailed in my application in early July in NY, and did my fingerprint in August. But still no interview letter yet. Is it coming my way soon? Please please please interview me!!!!

MD/VA through VSC

Please some one who has applied in July 2008 through VSC (MD,VA) post his/her time line.
I have combed through the posts and it seems in the last month or so the update for VSC has slowed to a crawl.

Any time line/pointer would sooth a worrying heart :)

PD:7/29/08
FP: 8/23/08

Good luck Chirl! We're rooting for you!

Hope it went well. Looking forward to your update. :)

Ran out in the rain yesterday to check my mail. Still nothing!

Check the Washington DC tracker timeline. A lot of people who have applied in July/August already have their interview dates (myself included)

Please some one who has applied in July 2008 through VSC (MD,VA) post his/her time line.
I have combed through the posts and it seems in the last month or so the update for VSC has slowed to a crawl.

Any time line/pointer would sooth a worrying heart :)

PD:7/29/08
FP: 8/23/08