Q2 (Apr-June) 2008 N400 Filers Tracker

Choppy is right, as much faith as I had in their site, even signed up for "email notifcation", nothing has changed since I first applied, so I wouldn't read too much into there being no changes..

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the rule of thumb here? How long since finger print should we call to inquire about IL?

Really depends on your DO, you could try finding others on here that have the same DO and look at their timelines, it may give you an idea. Personally I wouldn't worry too much about it for the first 1-3 months after FP (depends how urgent you need to become a USC)

OL received!

OL received today and Oath date is 9/17/2008 at Campbell. :D
Good luck to every one in naturalization process.

garth2k1, could you update the status here once you receive OL? I was interviewed on the same day as you.

04/07/2008: Fedex'ed to CSC
04/08/2008: CSC received (Priority Date)
04/09/2008: Check cashed
04/15/2008: Notice Date
04/18/2008: Notice Received
04/21/2008: FP Notice
05/01/2008: FP done
06/16/2008: Interview Notice received
07/30/2008: Interviewed
08/25/2008: OL
09/17/2008: Oath scheduled

Friends,

I have a question for the people who have received interview letter or completed interviews,

Have all your online statuses changed when you were about to get the interview letter? Because I see in other posts that people get validation error when they were about to get the letter in the mail.

Any idea?

Thanks
Sayam

PS: I posted this question in Philly thread also. But this thread seems to have more visitor from different DOs. So please share your thoughts.

Hi Sayam,

I received my IL a little while back and have my Interview next week. My online status as of this last weekend still has not changed since it was originally posted, it still says my case is at the service center. I'm hoping that this is not the case and my documents are in fact at my district office...

I don't know exactly how the online status info works, except that by reading other posts, sometimes you get an error indicating an IL is on the way or nothing changes and you still could get a letter or nothing simply happens... :confused:

I gave up a long while back trying to figure how these USCIS works... :)

Friends,

I have a question for the people who have received interview letter or completed interviews,

Have all your online statuses changed when you were about to get the interview letter? Because I see in other posts that people get validation error when they were about to get the letter in the mail.

Any idea?

Thanks
Sayam

PS: I posted this question in Philly thread also. But this thread seems to have more visitor from different DOs. So please share your thoughts.

Congrats luckyyy and garth2k1 !

I'm happy for both of you nearing the end of your respective journeys... :)

Still waiting ....

Congratulations to all who have had their cases move along swiftly! :eek:

Any unfortunate April 2008 filers out there still waiting for the IL?

I know Lumpy out in Seattle was (is?) still with us... anybody else?

I feel like commiserating ....

K

Sorry that your case is being held up somewhere...

I am curious (forgive my ignorance here) how were you are able to apply for your Citizenahip so soon after your GC, is that a military based app?

Hope you and everyone else still waiting in Q2 gets their IL soon.

Weston.

Congratulations to all who have had their cases move along swiftly! :eek:

Any unfortunate April 2008 filers out there still waiting for the IL?

I know Lumpy out in Seattle was (is?) still with us... anybody else?

I feel like commiserating ....

K

3-year marriage

It was a 3-year marriage N400.

Actually, that was the permanent GC received in December 2007. The conditional GC was received in July 2005.

K

Applied in early June and while some in Boston area have their interviews scheduled already I am still waiting for any update. I thought with the cleanest record possible, unusual name, and a straightforward case I might be able to vote this year but that hope is fading now.

Narayana7 your day is today keep us updated

Hey man how did it go ........ I know you had your interview today. had mine and the IO told me that I should recieved my OL before Spetember 17. Let me know how did yours go.

Interview Experience -

Hey man how did it go ........ I know you had your interview today. had mine and the IO told me that I should recieved my OL before Spetember 17. Let me know how did yours go.

Here is my Timeline:
Texas (Mesquite)SC / Oklahoma DO

N-400 - Sent 06/14/2008
Received at TSC on 06/17/2008
Check cashed on 06/18/2008
NOA received- 06/26/2008
PD- 06/17/2008
FP-Notice received 06/27/2008
FP - Scheduled on 07/10/2008
FP - Completed on 07/10/2008
IL - Notice Date 07/22/2008
IL - Appointment 08/28/2008
Finished successfully.
Oath Letter ---- ?
Oath Letter ----??

Here is my today's interview experience I wish to share with all of you -
My appointment time today was at 1.45 PM, I was at the venue at 1.30 pm , after verifying my interview document the security people allowed me and I have been asked to drop my Interview letter in the basket placed near a covered window. After keeping the document in the basket I waited for my turn for the interview. Before me, there were 4 people waiting for their turn.
At 2.25 pm , IO came and called me my name though my name is slightly difficult to pronounce, somehow he tried his best to pronounce it correctly, he accompanied me into his room and asked to raise my hand and asked me to tell what ever I am telling is correct and no information is hiding or lying.
Then he asked me to show my Greencard, passport and DL and then asked me to sign on my two photo's which i have sent along with my N 400. Later he has gone through each page of my application. At that I was little worried about my 17 months stay outside US on Re entry permit. He asked me during last 5 years, how many trips you were out of US. I told 5 times, then IO asked what is the reason for you take 5 tripis in 5 years time. I told my job requires travel every year. Then he asked what job you do. I told I am Network Administrator, our office has a branch in other country and I used to go to fix the issues there. Then he has taken a print out page from his computer and asked me to read the english sentence (The sentence is like this - " Today is a beautiful Day" and then asked me write a sentence -
" Man is a social animal " and he told me to sign the page and he told me that he is going to ask Civics questions - Following questions were asked

a) How many stars are there on our Flag.
b) Who is the US president Today.
c) Who is the First president of USA.
d) What is the name of the President's official home.
e) name the ship that brought the pilgrims to america.

Later, he signed a document and told you passed the test and you will getting oath letter soon, be prepare for the oath. If possible bring your family members and a camera for the oath to take photographs.

Finally he asked .if you have any questions, you can ask. Then I asked him when is likely the oath date. IO told he is not sure may be next month.
I said thanks.
Before leaving his room, he asked after becoming US citizen, are you interested to work for INS as a Network Administrator? We are looking for experienced people for the job. I said, it my pleasure.

Happily I came out of interview and all the tensions and apprehensions gone.

Finally, I thank all of you from bottom of my heart with all your suggestions, experience, guidance things have been easy right from the day 1 till this day.
I once again this forum and really doing a great service to all who are going through this process.

I remain.

Narayana7