Q2 (APR-JUN) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

Just adding my time line to this thread. I have been a Citizen for a week today. I have nothing but the highest praise for all of the USCIS people II came in contact with during this short journey. Now waiting on my Passport and card.

All very professional, kind, patient and courteous. Great job USCIS and thank you.

Oath Completed

Today was the big and final day. Ceremony was at 1600 Callowhill St. Apparently 3 different ceremonies were set for today. 11 am was my oath ceremony time. Took ~ 45 minutes to clear security and get to the 4th floor, so I was in the room ~ 11:30. People were asked to be seated until called. Everyone's name was called, oath letter and greencard were reviewed and collected by one lady. People were asked to go and verify the certificate for correctness, sign it and then return the certificate. Were given a booklet and a small flag, then return back you one's seat.

~ 11:50 am: everyone (~76 people in total) had be called. We were told that traditionally the ceremony is to begin at 12 noon, but since we had finish earlier, the group had a choice of waiting until noon or they can call downstairs so we can begin earlier. There was a resounding call to begin... A couple of ladies had to use the ladies room, so by the time they returned it was just minutes to 12 noon.

12 noon: A supervisor presided over the ceremony. Asked to stand for the playing of the National Anthem. About 2 minutes of opening remarks. People were asked to stand and remain standing when and if your country was called. Asked to raise hand and then repeat the oath. Played a video message from Pres. Obama followed by a song about country of the free or something to that aspect.

12:15 pm: Everyone's name were called and asked to collect a white package that included certificate of naturalization and then asked to return to our seats until everyone's name had been called. The supervisor was the person who handed out the package

12:30 pm: Congratulations... you are all American citizens... that ends the ceremony

That was all... everyone then bolted for the elevators.

Some logistics: Got there ~ 11:50 am. Max. 2 hrs metered parking allowed on Callowhill St. When I got back to my car I still had 21 mins remaining on my parking meter.

It took a little over 3 weeks for me to get that OL. I understand your frustation. You'll get it soon! :)

2shy, thank you for your info. I just saw too many people got their OL in 2 weeks. Also, my IO said I can get an oath on September but no result. I am afraid I have issues on name check or because I requested name change which can't be arranged. However, there's not much I can do. I can only wait for the best to come now.

BTW, how did you get police clearance from LA Sheriff's Dept? Did they notify you?

The IO at my interview gave me a form requesting additional information, the N-14. He told me that I needed a police clearance (letter stating that I had no criminal records) from the Sheriff's Dept. I had to call around to see which station did this type of letter. Turns out the I had to go to the Norwalk Sheriff's Records Bureau to get this done. Good thing was it only took about an hour for them to type up this letter. Cost me $42. I made a copy of this letter for myself, then mailed it to my DO.

The IO at my interview gave me a form requesting additional information, the N-14. He told me that I needed a police clearance (letter stating that I had no criminal records) from the Sheriff's Dept. I had to call around to see which station did this type of letter. Turns out the I had to go to the Norwalk Sheriff's Records Bureau to get this done. Good thing was it only took about an hour for them to type up this letter. Cost me $42. I made a copy of this letter for myself, then mailed it to my DO.

So you have spend extra $42 for your case!! No clue they would have so many requests, but good thing is that you got your oath.
Thanks for the blessing. I checked with infopass today and found my case was approved just yesterday. They also ordered the oath date for me but not finalized yet. Now I only need to wait for the letter to come. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's GREAT to hear! Congratulations! You're finally going to get that N-445!!! I'm going to make a copy for myself, just as a keepsake. Can't wait to register to vote and get my pretty passport! :)

Oath Completed

Completed my Oath yesterday and finally done with the process :) Oath ceremony was smooth, USCIS folks were very friendly. I can say that this is one of the few positive experience with the agency over the years.

Appointment was at 1 PM. I went in around 12:45. Guy in front me was sent back as he had a traffic violation and did not have any proof of payment.
Oath ceremony started at 2 PM and was out of the bldg by 3.

Thanks to everyone on the forum. btw- my status on the USCIS website still says they received my application....

Local DO Washington Field Office - Fairfax, VA
07/30/04 Green Card
04/30/09 UPS N400 to Lewisville, TX (Day 0)
05/01/09 Application Package Rec'd at Lewisville, TX (Day 1)
05/01/09 Priority Date (Day 1)
05/05/09 Cheque Cashed (Day 5)
05/05/09 Notice Date (Day 5)
05/08/09 Rec'd I-797C NOA (Day 8)
05/13/09 I-797C Fingerprint Notice Date (Day 13)
05/16/09 Rec'd I-797C NOA Fingerprint Notice (Day 16)
05/19/09 FP done (Walk in) at Alexandria ASC (Day 19)
06/05/09 Fingerprint Date - Scheduled (Day 36)
06/15/09 Interview Letter Notice Date (Day 46)
06/18/09 Interview Letter Received (Day 49)
07/22/09 Interview Date (PASSED ) (Day 83)
08/24/09 Infopass Appointment to check status (Day 116)
09/08/09 OL ND (Day 131)
09/14/09 Oath Letter Rec'd (Day 137)
09/24/09 Oath Ceremony Completed (Day 147)

Getting an infopass

How to get an info pass appointment. USCIS has changed their website. I am unable to find the link to get an infopass appointment. Anyone have the link???

How to get an info pass appointment. USCIS has changed their website. I am unable to find the link to get an infopass appointment. Anyone have the link???

It's under the lower left of the page. Under CUSTOMER TOOLS -> Other Case Service -> Make an Appointment. Click it then that will lead you to infopass page. Or you can simply click to http://infopass.uscis.gov/, then select your language and follow the instructions.

Congratulations!
Completed my Oath yesterday and finally done with the process :) Oath ceremony was smooth, USCIS folks were very friendly. I can say that this is one of the few positive experience with the agency over the years.

Appointment was at 1 PM. I went in around 12:45. Guy in front me was sent back as he had a traffic violation and did not have any proof of payment.
Oath ceremony started at 2 PM and was out of the bldg by 3.

Thanks to everyone on the forum. btw- my status on the USCIS website still says they received my application....

Local DO Washington Field Office - Fairfax, VA
07/30/04 Green Card
04/30/09 UPS N400 to Lewisville, TX (Day 0)
05/01/09 Application Package Rec'd at Lewisville, TX (Day 1)
05/01/09 Priority Date (Day 1)
05/05/09 Cheque Cashed (Day 5)
05/05/09 Notice Date (Day 5)
05/08/09 Rec'd I-797C NOA (Day 8)
05/13/09 I-797C Fingerprint Notice Date (Day 13)
05/16/09 Rec'd I-797C NOA Fingerprint Notice (Day 16)
05/19/09 FP done (Walk in) at Alexandria ASC (Day 19)
06/05/09 Fingerprint Date - Scheduled (Day 36)
06/15/09 Interview Letter Notice Date (Day 46)
06/18/09 Interview Letter Received (Day 49)
07/22/09 Interview Date (PASSED ) (Day 83)
08/24/09 Infopass Appointment to check status (Day 116)
09/08/09 OL ND (Day 131)
09/14/09 Oath Letter Rec'd (Day 137)
09/24/09 Oath Ceremony Completed (Day 147)

I just finished my Oath this morning Dallas (Irving) office. All went well and became a USC today.

Interview:

1. Interview on 9/4 was routine and cordial. The IO looked less bothered asked few Qs and checked the app all over again and asked to sing at the bottom. Wife had 3 traffic tickets- got the letter from courts and her IO kept them in the file. Her IO only asked for the letters after she pointed them out.

2. I/we got our interviews before our 5 year anniv. The IO observed that these days they started geeting apps like these and it is not good since they can not approve the apps until after 5 year anniv. So the IO could not approve the app. But he did some thing interesting. Rater than send it back to the Q and get back on the anniv date he kept the file with him and approved it prompty on the 5Y date. Same with my wife but a different IO. We were given - Could not determine - letter

3. Signature on the Photo - that should match the signature on the Cert: The IO said to pick what ever I want - signature, name, etc - He dint care. Said put the same on the certificate

Post Interview
1. We were fearing that this Oath letter will take for ever - but we got it in couple of weeks but it with just a week's notice.

Oath
1. Oath went ok. There was a large crowd but it was done in and hour.

2. Dallas office is offering same day oaths and they have multiple slots in the morning. If the interviews are finished by those times they are allowing people to go for same day oath

Post Oath:
Applied for App.

Overall - I dint have any bad exp with INS/BCIS/USCIS in 9 years and I do not wish to have one in the future. But it was interesting journey.

Finally - Do not believe the status in USCIS website - My status still is "App recieved" :)

Thank you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. I made an infopass appointment online and went to see the officer today itself. I had to wait an hr and 15 minutes but then the guy at the desk looked at my application and said that it is approved and the oath letter should be sent out either today or tomorrow so now waiting for the letter.

Thanks

It's under the lower left of the page. Under CUSTOMER TOOLS -> Other Case Service -> Make an Appointment. Click it then that will lead you to infopass page. Or you can simply click to http://infopass.uscis.gov/, then select your language and follow the instructions.