• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Prospects in US

nursinq is one of d lucrative presently, so u may try practical nursinq dat could be fast and qet u quick job, or better still visit d teachinq board close to you and find out wat u can do, you should be able to teach at least one other subject aside from french,

with his age, he might not want to go into nursing. He might find something in teaching

Contrarian

with his age, he might not want to go into nursing. He might find something in teaching
Age probably won't matter.
My uncle is 60, has a Master's degree and has 1 more semester before completing his Nursing training.
Met a 55 year old American lady; just completed her Nursing training last year.

Age probably won't matter.
My uncle is 60, has a Master's degree and has 1 more semester before completing his Nursing training.
Met a 55 year old American lady; just completed her Nursing training last year.

Age always matter's in when it comes to education and job availability.

Quite some interesting contributions in this thread. Keep it up fulks!! It can be very annoying when one is condemned to stay at home for so long. I`ve been indoors in Ohio for 2 weeks now and cannot move a meter. There are no buses, i do not have a driver license yet (they say i cannot take the test untill i have a work permit-GC ). I just wonder how one can go about looking for a job. Worst still i belong to a sector which seemingly does not have much to offer in the job market here: teaching of french as a foreign language in secondary schools. I begin to wonder if one took the right decision by relocating here.

i expect dat u at least contribute to d issues you raised about your job
nice day

I am planing to move to usa in about three months

Please help me!!!!

I am 20yrs old and i have done local G.C.E. O/Ls and A/Ls in Sri Lanka.
I am moving to Maryland to a relation's house.
I am hoping to get a degree in US.
I have done A/Ls Biology, Chemistry, Physics
Please tell me what should i study?
What are the more demanding fields?

Please help me!!!!

Neurosurgeon:D

You can choose the major while studying for the degree.

Please help me!!!!

One of the great things about the US education system is that you don't really have to decide what field you'll be studying in before you enter a university. Most degrees have a "general education" component which everyone has to study regardless of which field they eventually pursue. (a.k.a "major") This, depending on the university, can be around one third of what needs to be studied for a degree. Generally, students can choose what they want to major in while studying general education courses. Students can decide which field they will major in during the first and second year of college education. This allows a person to explore his interests taking courses from different fields and make a better informed decision on what he wants to major in.