Proof of Resident Alian Status - Very Important

asylee1999

Registered Users (C)
I applied for a home loan and the bank is asking for a proof of "Resident Alien Status". I want to know what is the best to give them as a proof from the following doc's, so that they shouldn't question anymore:

1. Employment Authorization Card.
2. RTD.
3. Immigration Judge Decision of granting me asylum which is just one page with my picture.

Give your letter..and/OR I-94 showing UNEXPIRED Employment Authorization. If you show the EAD, it says 1 year expiry..that may raise questions. I-94 is a valid document also... I gave my letter when I got my first-ever loan. It should be no problem. Others agree?

is that also applicable when applying for SBA loan?
How should we respond during the negotiation process?

Thanx!

I have a couple of memos where it states that asylees don't need EAD. This is what I submitted with my loan application, then my unrestricted SSN, copy of Travel Document and my asylum approval letter and I-485 Receipt copy. I also wrote a letter explaining in details what each document was for and why I don't have to show them EAD or any other document. This was enough for them. If anybody is interested, I can post them.

just modify the document to fit your needs.
These are the documents I submitted:
  1. Copy of Travel Document
  2. copy of I-94
  3. Copy of asylum aproval letter
  4. These 2 documents I posted
  5. The letter I posted
  6. Copy of the web page were it states the processing dates
  7. Copy of the I-485 receipt

Last edited by a moderator:
My asylum was granted by the IJ and they didn't give me any I-94 with the decision copy. How can i get the I-94 because i have all other doc's except
I-94.

asylee1999 said:
My asylum was granted by the IJ and they didn't give me any I-94 with the decision copy. How can i get the I-94 because i have all other doc's except
I-94.

You can get one (at least in theory) from your local USCIS district office.

I don't think I-94 is a show stopper, but as thankful said, you should be able to get it in local office. If you don't have it, then submit only copy of Travel Document. That is a valid document. I wanted to submit all these documents because they were telling me that my work visa expires (and they saw expiration date on my travel document - go figure blind loan officers). So I did and basically told them, HEY STUPID, READ CAREFULLY THESE DOCUMENTS AND DON'T BOTHER ME WITH MY STATUS BECAUSE IT IS IRRELEVANT.

All you need is alien # wich starte with letter A)........
and you need EID card for those pleaces that canot verify your status,wich is mostly all of them nobody whants to make a call,or vaist time.
If any body need to know about you ,they will finde it ,in just one phone call ,better than any paper,but when you dealing with somebody like
" loan officers" or some regular office clercks, that have, only walked round the high school,few times (wich is many of them) than better be prepared . I never had any problem , now maybe becouse I am white and good looking :) and speak vey good language but not very lucky ,still fiting for asylum after 17y's :eek: :confused: :( ,not very good at spelling but what a hell , not to many US born cant spell good any way. :D :D
care2much