Project Ocean #17 FAX/E-MAIL to Zoe Lofgren (D CA 16) - WAC-03 Latest Scan Report

Vote after your participation.

• I have faxed to Zoe Lofgren.

Votes: 16 88.9%

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

kashmir

Registered Users (C)
1) Read my message at Project Ocean main thread.
2) Download the attached file and extract it.
3) Print "ocean17.html" and sign it.
4) Fax to (202) 225-3336
5) Post your message at this thread.
6) Vote 1st item at this poll thead.
7) If you are not on the mailing list for Project Ocean campaign participants and if you want my scan report for WAC-03, please send me e-mail with subject including "ocean17" and your username.

Done! Oh and can we please have the attachment as a Doc instead of html the next time?

For those of you who want to use the doc version, please find it attached.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
do we need to mention our WAC # below our name for signing this, will appreciate your reply.

> do we need to mention our WAC # below our name for signing this, will appreciate your reply.

It doesn't matter.

List of Participants as of 7/26/2004 at 9pm

1. kashmir
  2. 140_takes_4ever
  3. golumolu
  4. rk4gc
  5. lareds
  6. theWarrior
  7. ruxrux

Newsletter #2 has been sent to those who have participated in this campaign.
If you have participated in this campaign but have not received my newsletter #2 with the latest WAC-03 report, let me know.

I will fax this off shortly and volunteer for these campaigns.

But let me pose this question, what is the incentive for them to put forward the change? Or what political pressure is there? The reason I ask this is not to rain on your parade but for us to think about the best strategy to accomplish what we want to change.

The way I see it, we are appealing to a sense of fairness, which in itself might cause someone to act, but in all honesty the letter isn't that compelling. What I'm getting at is where is the political pressure? Why should they do anything? In the backlog reduction this was reaching a chronic situation and was beyond all reasonableness. This request falls into the "nice to have" category. If I'm the politician, I've got an incredibly busy schedule with many, many important things to get accomplished and I read this and I think a couple of things. 1st, I think it's maybe a bit unfair but I think you are being a bit pedantic. I mean after all, you've got your green card and you have the freedom you requested, so you have to wait an extra year or two. 2nd, I think it sounds like you are belly aching and I just did something big for you know you want more, will you ever be satisfied?

Just something to think about, putting ourselves in their shoes and to think about how we can craft this to get their attention and more importantly their action. As I certainly would like to only wait 2 more years for citizenship vs 5 more.

gettingclosernow said:

But let me pose this question, what is the incentive for them to put forward the change? Or what political pressure is there? The reason I ask this is not to rain on your parade but for us to think about the best strategy to accomplish what we want to change.

The way I see it, we are appealing to a sense of fairness, which in itself might cause someone to act, but in all honesty the letter isn't that compelling. What I'm getting at is where is the political pressure? Why should they do anything? In the backlog reduction this was reaching a chronic situation and was beyond all reasonableness. This request falls into the "nice to have" category. If I'm the politician, I've got an incredibly busy schedule with many, many important things to get accomplished and I read this and I think a couple of things. 1st, I think it's maybe a bit unfair but I think you are being a bit pedantic. I mean after all, you've got your green card and you have the freedom you requested, so you have to wait an extra year or two. 2nd, I think it sounds like you are belly aching and I just did something big for you know you want more, will you ever be satisfied?

Just something to think about, putting ourselves in their shoes and to think about how we can craft this to get their attention and more importantly their action. As I certainly would like to only wait 2 more years for citizenship vs 5 more.

Good thoughts buddy,

Well I asked the same questions myself but thought I'm not going to loose any thing in giving a shot and faxed it.

But yes, if we want to achieve this we need to brainstorm and come with a concrete approach to sustain all possible difficulties on the road. One immediate gain for Zoe Lofgren I can see is "Votes/Donations" by us once we are citizens. Its benificial for her if we are democrat voters in 2 years than after 5 years. And corrent me if I'm wrong I think she can get some donations from LPRs who ever is approved.

Lets think about all the possible benifits to her and then push it big.

gettingclosernow said:

Democrats is holding its National Convention in Boston.
They would need our support in future.
Republicans would, too.
We are not alone.
If they were smart, they would not ignore us.
But, we EB Immigrants must take an action by ourselves right now.
Again, keep in your mind that we are not just begging our green cards nor citizenships.

Biggest reason there is to motivate a politician - Votes!

Have you noticed how citizenship processing during election year is always higher than in other years? The main reason is they want to churn out new voters. The biggest benefit they get from supporting these cases is that the green card holders are DEFINITELY going to be citizens in the future, if not 3 years then 5 for sure. If you piss them off, they will remember and come back to haunt you. Specially if we can get some momentum behind this campaign. But on the other hand, even if you are percevied as being sympathetic to their cause, they will vote for you. Having seen how politically motivated this group has been, a politican can definitely count on them to come out and vote when the time comes.

Personally, I don't have my green card yet, but I still belive that this campaign will be useful for me when I do get one. It is just a matter of time. So let us keep on. We now have a higher chance of success than before when most members here dint have their green cards. We are more powerful so it is time to flex those political muscles. :)

Again, I am not trying to dissuade but to challenge us to really be focused on where we need to apply pressure to get action.

Votes, sure but let's say I'm the politician. A handful of people doesn't do anything for me and if this is to be broad based, i.e. get other people from other service centers involved most of the people are not in my consitituency anyway. This does not strike me as a high profile subject "to get votes" there are other places as a politician I can attract votes.

All I'm saying is we really have to stop seeing this from our perspective, i.e. that we imagine our influence or importance bigger than it is otherwise we are just deluding ourselves, and we need to see it from their perspective to try to influence them.

Project Ocean #17 Fax to Zoe Lofgren (D CA 16)

1) Read my message at Project Ocean main thread.
2) Download the attached file and extract it.
3) Print "ocean17.html" and sign it.
4) Fax to (202) 225-3336
5) Post your message at this thread.
6) Vote 1st item at this poll thead.
7) If you are not on the mailing list for Project Ocean campaign participants and if you want my scan report for WAC-03, please send me e-mail with subject including "ocean17" and your username.

List of Participants as of 7/26/2004
  1. kashmir
  2. 140_takes_4ever
  3. golumolu
  4. rk4gc
  5. lareds
  6. theWarrior
  7. ruxrux

If you have participated in this campaign but have not received my newsletter #2 with the latest WAC-03 report, let me know.

As mentioned previously I participated in the campaign. I don't have any need for WAC 03 information but maybe your newsletter if you think there is something that may be of interest. I will support efforts toward this.

List of Participants as of 7/27/2004

1. kashmir
  2. 140_takes_4ever
  3. golumolu
  4. rk4gc
  5. lareds
  6. theWarrior
  7. ruxrux
  8. gettingclosernow

We need at least 15 participants in a couple of days.

1. kashmir
  2. 140_takes_4ever
  3. golumolu
  4. rk4gc
  5. lareds
  6. theWarrior
  7. ruxrux
  8. gettingclosernow
  9. pinnacle_man

We need at least 15 participants in a couple of days.

Last edited by a moderator: