processing time to get BCIS receipts for 485/140

prq20

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
My attorney sent my documents (485/140/131) for concurrent filing to NSC on Aug 7th. It is an EB2 case and I am from a non-retrogressed country.
Until today, Aug 23rd, I did not get my receipts and not heard anything from my attorney or INS.
How much should be the normal time in this case to expect receipts?
Thanks in Advance.

prq20 said:
Hi All,
My attorney sent my documents (485/140/131) for concurrent filing to NSC on Aug 7th. It is an EB2 case and I am from a non-retrogressed country.
Until today, Aug 23rd, I did not get my receipts and not heard anything from my attorney or INS.
How much should be the normal time in this case to expect receipts?
Thanks in Advance.
------ wait for 5-10 days more. your lawyer who filed I-140 will get the reciepts, he may or may not give you I-140 reciept but I-485 is YOUR petition you can ask the reciept, you can ask the reciept of AP and your AP when approved will also come to lawyer

Still Waiting to Get my Receipt #s

Hi All,

It has been a while since my case for I-140, and I-485 was sent to USCIS. Fedex record shows that it was received by the Vermont Service Center on Aug 10th. It is probably an intentional mistake to send the case to Vermont as Nebraska only is handling such cases for the Sate of Pennselvania.

Can someone throw some light on what happens when you send a case to Vermont instead on Nebrasks? When should I expect my receipt notice and if it is normal to wait for 20+ days to get the receipts for such cases.

Thanks.

danmagaji said:
seem to be normal these days..... took me a while too... see signature
Hi Danmagaji and All,
Is it ok at present to send 485/140 cases to Vermont? I think, only Nebraska and Texas are processing such cases now.
In my case, it has been 20 days since Vermont has received the application (per FedEx) but am waiting for the Receipt Numbers. :confused:
Thanks.

prq20 said:
Hi Danmagaji and All,
Is it ok at present to send 485/140 cases to Vermont? I think, only Nebraska and Texas are processing such cases now.
In my case, it has been 20 days since Vermont has received the application (per FedEx) but am waiting for the Receipt Numbers. :confused:
Thanks.

The delay might be because you mailed your case to Vermont instead of Nebraska, so it's taking some time to re-route it to Nebraska. Have your fee checks clear your bank yet? When they do, look at their back (online) and the receipt number will be printed on there.

civ2ru said:
The delay might be because you mailed your case to Vermont instead of Nebraska, so it's taking some time to re-route it to Nebraska. Have your fee checks clear your bank yet? When they do, look at their back (online) and the receipt number will be printed on there.
Hi, I checked today and the checks have not yet cleared. It is true that this delay is because of re-routing the same to Nebraska. However, it has been more than 20 days since VSC has received my case. :confused:

prq20 said:
Hi, I checked today and the checks have not yet cleared. It is true that this delay is because of re-routing the same to Nebraska. However, it has been more than 20 days since VSC has received my case. :confused:
Today, Sep 006, 2006, I got my Receipt Notices with Reciept Dates for 485/140/131 being Aug 14 and Notice Dates being Aug 30, 2006.
The huge difference between RD and ND is because my case was sent to Vermont whereas My receipts are from Nebraska. ;)