Processing time - SanJose CA

I had the same cancellation

Originally posted by xyzUser
Today I received the "interview descheduled" notice! Now there are at least 4 such cases in San Jose for late August/ early Sept interviews. I hope the re-schedule notices are just on their way
:)

xyzUser, I had the same issue with an interview scheduled for early August in San Jose but got cancelled. My attorney called a supervisor and he mentioned something about a computer glitch. Also my friend had an interview scheduled for 8/25 but also got cancelled and then she received a letter after two weeks for a date on 9/17. I hope I'll get mine soon and good luck to all. Please let me know and update us when you get your letter :confused:.

Thanks,

GA

Thanks for your e-mail!

Gabriel, would you post your time line? When did you apply etc.
I'm sure lots of people would apprecaite it. We are obsessed with timelines:D

TimeLine

Hello George and all:

My timeline is the following

PD: Aug. 5th 2002
FP: Sept. 17th 2002
Interview letter on Aug. 5th 2003 for Aug. 29th but got cancelled on Aug. 6th

I'm still waiting the new interview letter. It looks like the normal expectation for SJ is a liitle more than one year. a friend of mine had a priority date in July 2002 and now her interview is set for 9/17/03. The dates according to AILA are inaccurate, and I'd be really interested to know if any one here in San Jose got in (210) days. Thats 210 days for the whole process from application till oath!!!?

http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news/news928.htm

Thanks

Thank you!

Thank you Gabriel!

Other people whose interview got descheduled also had PD in July/Sept of 2002.

Regarding the processing times:
The most up-to date "info" is on www.aila.org.
Also, these times are rough estimates and yes, you may find someone in SJ for whom it took ony 200 days from filing to swaring-in because N-400 are not being processed based on priority dates. I got that impression from watching other people's experiences.:mad:

This wait is worse than I thought. When I was waiting fot my 5 years as LPR it was much better. I knew the exact date. But now it's just wait, uncertainity and I'm sure that's the case for most of us here.

Good luck!

GeorgeF,

I have a small doubt. Being anxious during the GC in understandable
(because with GC you are not tied to an employer, you can change the
jobs quickly etc.). But what that sort of thing is needed for Citizenship.

The only things that come to mind are: jobs in defense sector where they
want citizens, sponsoring relatives, voting etc.

Of course california recall is a time bound thing :)

Am I missing anything?

Defense jobs, Federal jobs and US Citizenship

Not just Defense jobs, but for all Federal jobs (that I can think of) you need US Citizenship.

For some sensitive security related (CIA, NSA) Federal jobs, your parents also need to be US Citizens.

You can look at Federal jobs here:

http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/

Not to get your hopes too high, but there are some decent paying Federal jobs out there, and once you become a US Citizen, you can apply for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
You missed very, very important thing!

The ability to petition for a spouse in immediate relative category!
And I just want to have this behind me so badly....

Anyway, I was little down last night but I am better this morning. And it's Friday too!:D

Thank you all for your encouragement and Good luck!

more readable version

I agree with all of the above. But do they warrant the type of urgency (desperation)?

Reg. the 135 candidates: In India some time back any one can (don't stretch it too far:) contest for President of India. We used to have 15 to 20 people on the ballot. There used to be people who contested almost all the presidential elections. Similarly once in South India (Madurai i think) some 350 or 1,000
candidates were there for a member of parliament/assembly. That was a coordinated effort by some people to highlight the menace of non serious candidates. The ballot paper looked like
a news paper.

There there was a sort of effort to discourage the non serious candidates. For example you need at least 10 to 15 (or more?) members of electoral collage for proposed and similar number to second the candidate

Re: descheduled Interviews at San Jose

Some of my friends have their interviews re-scheduled from end of August to end of November - a delay of 3 months just for the interviews. I am waiting for my interview to be re-schduled at SJC.
In all it has taken 14 months for the interview:eek:

Can you share your experience?

Hi:
Did you have your interview on 8/13? could you please share your experience? were you given time frame for oath?

Thanks in advance...

Originally posted by abhp123
Recvd interview letter june 16th, interview august 13th.

PD - 06/2003
FP - 07/2003
Interview - 8/2003

time frame

Here is my time frame in San Jose:

PD 06/2002
FP 07/2002
Interview: 7/29/03
Oath: 08/27/03

My time frame in San Jose.

PD 5/2002
FD 7/2002
Interview 7/30/2003
Oath: Waiting....

lilysh: could you let me know when did you receive the oath letter ?

Just curious

If the local district sets up an interview within a few days the 'online status disappears', then why is everybody interested to know which district? Looks like the delay happens at the service center rather than local district. Am I right? or missing something....

Thanks.

Re: Just curious

Originally posted by phillydude
If the local district sets up an interview within a few days the 'online status disappears', then why is everybody interested to know which district? Looks like the delay happens at the service center rather than local district. Am I right? or missing something....

Thanks.

Philly dude, I think it's the Oath letter in question here, not the interview appointment.

Here's how I think it works (at least here at CA service center)
The service center knows free slots for each district office. Once there's a slot available the service center schedules a person for the slot and forwards the app to that distr. office and the online status disappears.
I also think they don't do the actual data entry of the application until it's ready for distr. office. They just collect all incoming apps in the bins categorized for each office and process them only when there's a slot for an interview available.

What appears to be happening here in San Jose is that this scheduling system has changed. There is a new batch of applications that they are scheduling using this "new" system. Yet there still are some older apps at the district office and they are having trouble scheduling those. Hence the appointments are so long in advance (notice in Aug for an interview in Nov).

The above is purely a speculation and a result of my imagination based on all kinds of info (posts, AILA info etc.)

If you think I'm nuts you are probably right :) Anyone else silly enough to join me in my speculations? :)
Or better yet, does anyone have real insight? Anyone living in Laguna Niguel joining those guys for happy hour?

Any news?

Any news from San Jose?
I checked online and whole bunch of WSC numbers before and after mine are gone. It's just my app sitting in there:(

WSC? I also noticed there were atleast 2 cases (past few days - cagirl is one of 'em) who got complete process done in about 6 months. Maybe the wheels are in motion, with the election year coming up?:confused: :confused:

Re: Any news?

Originally posted by GeorgeF
Any news from San Jose?
I checked online and whole bunch of WSC numbers before and after mine are gone. It's just my app sitting in there:(

After our interviews were de-scheduled in early August 03, we waited for the re-scheduling. My wife's interveiw is now scheduled for end November. Mine is yet to be re-scheduled. Went to San Jose local office and enquired about the status. They have no idea when the interview will be re-scheduled. The INS official promised to send a reminder to CSC - supposedly it is the CSC which sets up interviews. More wating .....