Processing time for Reentry permit?

oday

Registered Users (C)
the processing time for reentry permit in Nebraska service center is currently December 5, 2007.
my receipt for the reentry permit is April 27, 2007.
Does this mean that i have to wait 5 months before a decision is made and reentry permit gets issued?
what is the average wait time for a reentry permit?

thank you in advance!!

the processing time for reentry permit in Nebraska service center is currently December 5, 2007.
my receipt for the reentry permit is April 27, 2007.
Does this mean that i have to wait 5 months before a decision is made and reentry permit gets issued?
-----------------One can go out of US if filed for Reentry permit and got the filing reciept, once it gets approved will be sent to US address that you wrote on the form. After USCIS sends it someone can mail it to you or bring it to you.
what is the average wait time for a reentry permit?
---------------I have read 3-5 months
thank you in advance!!

-------------------------

Hi guys,

Pardon for the derailing but...
Just wondering how long it took for the Filing Receipt to arrive?
(for the folks that applied for the reentry permit)
Is it possible to leave without the receipt and not endander my GC? Though I think it is unwise but I'd just like to learn if anyone else has done it.

Last I applied, the reciept arrived around 2 weeks.
My current reentry permit is going to expire in Feb 2008 and I was planning on coming back to the US on Dec 2007 to apply for a second one. I need it to finish my schooling.

I really need to know how long the receipt currently takes to arrive since I only have 2 weeks max for xmas vacation before school starts again and I need to go back ASAP. Sorry for such a strange question.
Thanks for any info :)