Processing time for green card based on asylum

im following NBC Cases they are processing so fast
around 1000 I-485 Cases every day

not sure which office are u but im sure they are doing very fast
However NBC cases are not only asylum based, it is still pretty fast. Some asylum based applications are approved recently less than 6 months. NBC processes employment based and family based green cards as well, so they finalize those cases within the case processing time of the field office, which they are belong to.
For example, when I talked to uscis rep. she told me I should check my field office processing times. When I mentioned it is asylum based, she told me that there is no info for that, I should try to request "Case outside normal processing time" to see if it is outside the normal processing time or not.

However NBC cases are not only asylum based, it is still pretty fast. Some asylum based applications are approved recently less than 6 months. NBC processes employment based and family based green cards as well, so they finalize those cases within the case processing time of the field office, which they are belong to.
For example, when I talked to uscis rep. she told me I should check my field office processing times. When I mentioned it is asylum based, she told me that there is no info for that, I should try to request "Case outside normal processing time" to see if it is outside the normal processing time or not.
exactly
but my husband approved less than 4 months
i know that they are processing from newer to older which is not really fair for the people who are waiting more than 2 years

thank you all for these information, I filed my I-485 Fab 2021 but still nothing, I reallt need to travel to Turkey to see my family, I want to apply for travel document. but I don't know how long will it take to get travel document, do you have any idea? also Im afraid to travel with travel document, do you think it is safe or not ?

thank you all for these information, I filed my I-485 Fab 2021 but still nothing, I reallt need to travel to Turkey to see my family, I want to apply for travel document. but I don't know how long will it take to get travel document, do you have any idea? also Im afraid to travel with travel document, do you think it is safe or not ?
I came back from turkey in January after visiting my family for 1 month. I also went to Canada to see my parents last month with my RTD. It’s safe.

I came back from turkey in January after visiting my family for 1 month. I also went to Canada to see my parents last month with my RTD. It’s safe.
hey I have question to ask you. how to did you apply turkey visa and how long it took them to process . and for Canada if I'm transiting by air should I need visa or ETA in Canada.

hey I have question to ask you. how to did you apply turkey visa and how long it took them to process . and for Canada if I'm transiting by air should I need visa or ETA in Canada.
You need to apply online for turkey visa and get an appointment to visit the turkey embassy to submit the documents. Mine took a total of almost around 2 month to get the visa. It depends on the appointment availability.
If you have green card, you may need an ETA for transit in Canada. If not you Might have to get a sticker visa - some one can correct me if I am wrong. I got this information from Canadian website.

Do you know about Malaysia,?
They did not give my right answer
Most of the countries recognize USA RTD except for some of the Middle East countries. Only a handful of countries you can visit as visa on-arrival, the rest you need to get visa. You have to call and find out from the Malaysian embassy. I remember trying Malaysia the first time and had to give up because they were not issuing visas to my family because of Covid.

Malaysia doesn’t accept travel document, only passport

Attachments

• 962F8D27-DF38-4D64-AD9B-5338C823EEE8.jpeg
    962F8D27-DF38-4D64-AD9B-5338C823EEE8.jpeg
    813.8 KB · Views: 34
you don't need a visa if you have green card you only need ETA but if you only have RTD you might need a visa depends on your citizenship . but try to avoid Canada if you are only transiting because there is no guarantee of entry

thank you so much guys
I have new update
It's seems each embassy is different from another one ,one of them told me you cannot you should have a green card but another one said send your documents,I want to send my documents and I'll update you.
And about transit I call to the diffrent embassy such as Qatar Japan ,Qatar do not accept travel documents,Ill update you whenever I'll receive any update from Japan

Last edited:
You need to apply online for turkey visa and get an appointment to visit the turkey embassy to submit the documents. Mine took a total of almost around 2 month to get the visa. It depends on the appointment availability.
If you have green card, you may need an ETA for transit in Canada. If not you Might have to get a sticker visa - some one can correct me if I am wrong. I got this information from Canadian website.
got it thank you so much I guess I'll used .

After filling my Asylum based I-485 in last year November, they send me a mail and Now they are calling me for an interview 15 days later. What does it mean? Is there someone in same position, or experienced before the same? I only read 1 person in this forum but, I wonder if its a good or bad thing, because I know they don’t call to interview for asylum based I-485 application??

Thanks
Hi, I will say you have nothing to worry about, I went through same it was smooth. Just personal questions about your present status.