Processing time for green card based on asylum

Thank you! Could you please share more details about your i485 application time line? Was there a step saying that your case was being transfered from MSC to your field office?
My case changed in Nov to request an interview which I was supposed to have in December, my lawyer was not around and he insisted to be there so we rescheduled and we got a date 3 months after. No transfer for me, but there was on my husband‘S

I
You don’t need to report anything or add the child to any application. Just go to local public health department to get your child’s birth certificate and put it in a safe place. You will need it for your child’s US passport
Thanks so much for your response. I really do appreciate

My case changed in Nov to request an interview which I was supposed to have in December, my lawyer was not around and he insisted to be there so we rescheduled and we got a date 3 months after. No transfer for me, but there was on my husband‘S
Anyone knows how the applications are processed? I thought applications are processed in a timely order USCIS received them. Mine was filed in October 2020 and still nothing. Since you filed later than me and already got decision It seems likely USCIS is not processing them in the order they received. Mine is also MSC. Any idea? Thanks!

Anyone knows how the applications are processed? I thought applications are processed in a timely order USCIS received them. Mine was filed in October 2020 and still nothing. Since you filed later than me and already got decision It seems likely USCIS is not processing them in the order they received. Mine is also MSC. Any idea? Thanks!
I think, it is kind of random pick up!!
I too applied in October 2020 and still nothing .

Finally! After 2 years of waiting, my application and my wife's application is processed!
Note: 2 weeks ago I contacted the congresswoman in my region to inquire about the status and the whereabouts of our applications.
Good luck every one!
My time line:
Feb. 22, 2020: applied for asylum based I485 (for me and my wife, my wife applied as a derivative applicant and I am the principal applicant)
July 2020: reuse fingerprints
Sep. 2021: requested expedite for my case only, request denied after 3 days.
Oct. 2021: submitted change of address for my application and my wife's application (we moved to a new state due to new job offer)
Jan. 2022: my wife's application transferred to NBC (national benefit center), but my application was not transferred.
Yesterday: New card is being processed for me and my wife.

1648651846137.png

Last edited:
Finally! After 2 years of waiting, my application and my wife's application is processed!
Note: 2 weeks ago I contacted the congresswoman in my region to inquire about the status and the whereabouts of our applications.
Good luck every one!
My time line:
Feb. 22, 2020: applied for asylum based I485 (for me and my wife, my wife applied as a derivative applicant and I am the principal applicant)
Oct. 2021: submitted change of address for my application and my wife's application (we moved to a new state due to new job offer)
Jan. 2022: my wife's application transferred to NBC (national benefit center), but my application was not transferred.

View attachment 3407
Congratulations

It says: USCIS will increase capacity, improve technology, and expand staffing to achieve these new goals by the end of FY 2023.
Also said the goal for processing is 6 months, which means they will start to process new cases first to meet the goal, and then to process backlog when there is availability, this is not actually good news for pending application. Like several years ago, USCIS did to Asylum Application.

Good luck every one!
My time line:

View attachment 3407
Congratulations!

uscis has become sadly a non functional system, the process is random of them selecting applicants, i have seen alot of people waiting for 2-3 years but then some getting approved in few months.I think they run on a old system where whatever application comes up they start to work on it.

Good luck every one!
My time line:

View attachment 3407
Hi.. congratulations

May i know, did you get granted asylum with asylum officer or ij?
Where do you get approval i-485 in tsc or nsc?( for your case)

Thank you

Update!!!
I was noticed yesterday that I will be scheduled for an interview for the I-485 application. My lawyer said it is normal but I still got a little bit nervous. I wish I could have that kind of good luck like you.

I was noticed yesterday that I will be scheduled for an interview for the I-485 application. My lawyer said it is normal but I still got a little bit nervous. I wish I could have that kind of good luck like you.
Receive better luck!!! I’m telling you you have nothing to worry about, as a matter of fact, a lawyer told me last year that's it's the best and I found that out yesterday. It's a basic yes or no question and your basic details (name, address, work e.t.c) you will be done in less than 30mins. can't wait to read your testimony

Also said the goal for processing is 6 months, which means they will start to process new cases first to meet the goal, and then to process backlog when there is availability, this is not actually good news for pending application. Like several years ago, USCIS did to Asylum Application.
I really hope that won't be the case any more.