Processing time for green card based on asylum

Three years for I-485
Why? did you ask your attorney to follow up?
Hi,
I did ask him to follow up, and the reply he got was that my application is within the USCIS processing times and I should wait.

This is really frustrating as I am waiting for my green card so that I can get my fiance over to the US.

Hi,
I did ask him to follow up, and the reply he got was that my application is within the USCIS processing times and I should wait.

This is really frustrating as I am waiting for my green card so that I can get my fiance over to the US.
Please try this way, go to the USCIS website and ask Emma to talk to a representative
they need some information such as your case number, home address, email, phone number. and sometimes they follow up your case and give you tracking number(you can check the tracking number on your case history).between 14 to 20 businesses they you will recived
Please try this way, go to the USCIS website and ask Emma to talk to a representative
they need some information such as your case number, home address, email, phone number. and sometimes they follow up your case with a tracking number(you can check the tracking number on your case history) between 14 to 20 business days you will receive new update.
Please let me know if you have any questions

they need some information such as your case number, home address, email, phone number. and sometimes they follow up your case and give you tracking number(you can check the tracking number on your case history).between 14 to 20 businesses they you will recived
they need some information such as your case number, home address, email, phone number. and sometimes they follow up your case with a tracking number(you can check the tracking number on your case history) between 14 to 20 business days you will receive new update.
Please let me know if you have any questions
Thank you so much, I will try that and see if it can dust of the dirt on my file.

If you have recently got your RTD (I think it should be valid for at least six month) you need to apply for a visa in one of their consulates in the U.S which depends which state you live in. First, you would need to fill out the application online. After finishing your application, you would be asked to make an appointment and visit their consulate for an interview.

These were the documents I was asked to bring for the interview:

1) Visa Form (you will be able to download once you apply online)
2) 2 Turkish visa photos
3) RTD (original and copy)
4) Travel itinerary (don’t buy your ticket yet. They will ask you once your visa is approved)
5) If you are going to stay in a hotel, you need to get hotel reservation.
6) Employment/Student verification letter
7) A copy of your RTD (green card if you have)
8) A copy of your ID/Driver’s Licence
9) Non-refundable visa fee. I paid $60 but some people here paid up to $160, not sure why.
10) A copy of your bank statement (last 3 months)
11) Health/Travel insurance (You can also buy this when your visa get approved)

After waiting for 2-4 weeks after interview, you will get an approval email from the consulate, and they would ask you to mail them your RTD along with your flight tickets and international travel insurance.

Hope this helps!
Hello brother,
Thank for your advice. I made an appointment this Tuesday for the interview at Turkish embassy. All the documents ready except flight tickets and insurance. Usually once approved, how long will they give us time to send the RTD through mail? Is there a specific time frame to send it? I will be in Canada Next month and I don’t want the Turkish embassy to ask me to send my RTD when I am in canada. That would spoil my Canadian visit. Thanks for your help.

Hello brother,
Thank for your advice. I made an appointment this Tuesday for the interview at Turkish embassy. All the documents ready except flight tickets and insurance. Usually once approved, how long will they give us time to send the RTD through mail? Is there a specific time frame to send it? I will be in Canada Next month and I don’t want the Turkish embassy to ask me to send my RTD when I am in canada. That would spoil my Canadian visit. Thanks for your help.
Not sure about the timing, but it's better to ask the visa officer during your interview. My visa was approved after 10 days of my interview and I mailed my RTD with tickets/insurance a week after.

Not sure about the timing, but it's better to ask the visa officer during your interview. My visa was approved after 10 days of my interview and I mailed my RTD with tickets/insurance a week after.
Once you mailed them, how long did they take to return the RTD with visa back ?

Hello guys

i applied asylum based greencard this year and my timeline is as follows. Applied the I-485 together RTD advance Parole and employment card.

package recieved 2/02/2021
Finger prints applied 3/04/2021
RTD Approved. 10/18/2021
EAD approved . 10/20/2021
RTD recieved. 10/27/2021
EAD recieved. 10/29/2021

But 1-485 greencard is still fingerprints applied since 3/04/2021. It has been 9 months since they recived. Do you think guys when they might take a decision on my greencard, may be before the end of this year or beyond that? Does anyone have any update about recently adjucated asylum based GC application timeline . Thanks everyone

Hello guys

i applied asylum based greencard this year and my timeline is as follows. Applied the I-485 together RTD advance Parole and employment card.

package recieved 2/02/2021
Finger prints applied 3/04/2021
RTD Approved. 10/18/2021
EAD approved . 10/20/2021
RTD recieved. 10/27/2021
EAD recieved. 10/29/2021

But 1-485 greencard is still fingerprints applied since 3/04/2021. It has been 9 months since they recived. Do you think guys when they might take a decision on my greencard, may be before the end of this year or beyond that? Does anyone have any update about recently adjucated asylum based GC application timeline . Thanks everyone
Wow !! 10 months to get the RTD !!!! That’s way too long but I think cause you applied for it with your GC cause i seen people saying the RTD took 4-5 months after they applied for it separately! Hmmm did you get your RTD from Nebraska or Texas service center tho?

Wow !! 10 months to get the RTD !!!! That’s way too long but I think cause you applied for it with your GC cause i seen people saying the RTD took 4-5 months after they applied for it separately! Hmmm did you get your RTD from Nebraska or Texas service center tho? It is about 8 months i applied on febuary. I got from Nebraska

It is about 8 months i applied on febuary and yes i appliead the adjustment together with RTD and EAD and i got The RTD and the EAD. I got from Nebraska service . I am just waiting the greencard now. I dont know how much longer i will have to wait to get a decison.

It is about 8 months i applied on febuary and yes i appliead the adjustment together with RTD and EAD and i got The RTD and the EAD. I got from Nebraska service . I am just waiting the greencard now. I dont know how much longer i will have to wait to get a decison.
U will wait a lot man don’t count the days as u will get tired of it! It’s been a while since the USCIS keep sending the i-485 applications based on asylum to NBC instead of Texas service &Nebraska service center!!! Then after 1-1.5 years the NBC will route your application to one of this centers and it takes another 1-1.5 years in Nebraska and 1.5-2.5 years in Texas ! If you have a reason to expedite do it especially if it’s a medical reason the USCIS doesn’t mess with medical reasons to expedite But it has to be something really serious tho not a basic medical condition

Last edited:
U will wait a lot man don’t count the days as u will get tired of it! It’s been a while since the USCIS keep sending the i-485 applications based on asylum to NBC instead of Texas service &Nebraska service center!!! Then after 1-1.5 years the NBC will route your application to one of this centers and it takes another 1-1.5 years in Nebraska and 1.5-2.5 years in Texas ! If you have a reason to expedite do it especially if it’s a medical reason the USCIS doesn’t mess with medical reasons to expedite But it has to be something really serious tho not a basic medical condition
I double checked it is from the national benefits center(NBC). Sorry i though they were processing on Nebraska center like the asylum application before

Hello everyone,

I applied for my I-485 on May 2018 TSC.

I have tried everything to get my case pushed but failed for far.

Any advice?

Thanks

I double checked it is from the national benefits center(NBC). Sorry i though they were processing on Nebraska center like the asylum application before
Yeah your GC will be processed from either Nebraska or Texas but if your application is still at NBC that means your application is still frozen until they route it to Nebraska or Texas service center