Processing time for green card based on asylum

Hi guy! Just want to let everyone know that my status had changed. I was stuck on "fingerprints were taken on July 17th" 2020. But now it has changed "Card was mailed to me". I think I'll get it in the next few days.

Congratulations !!! A year waiting but it is worth it. I am jealous.

My status still is Fingerprints Applied 7/17/2020 I applied 6/10/2020 I guess it takes a whole year to get approved.

My status shows "Fingerprint fee was received and Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case" my question is that is normal process ? wont be any interview for based on asylum applications right ?

what is PD ???
Priority Date. =) The date they first received (not opened) your application.

Also. After 1.5 months I finally received the notice of action for the EAD. I was able to talk my attorney into applying for one even though he thought it would be rejected bc we didn't send the fee. So now let's see how long the actual EAD takes to come in the mail.

Priority Date. =) The date they first received (not opened) your application.

Also. After 1.5 months I finally received the notice of action for the EAD. I was able to talk my attorney into applying for one even though he thought it would be rejected bc we didn't send the fee. So now let's see how long the actual EAD takes to come in the mail.

I heard somewhere that if your social security is unrestricted you dont need the EAD ?

I heard somewhere that if your social security is unrestricted you dont need the EAD ?
Correct, but I never got one when my asylum was approved. I decided to wait to get the GC. At the time there weren't this huge delays we're seeing now. And unfortunately now the SSA offices are closed where I live, so I can't get an unrestricted SS card. =(

Correct, but I never got one when my asylum was approved. I decided to wait to get the GC. At the time there weren't this huge delays we're seeing now. And unfortunately now the SSA offices are closed where I live, so I can't get an unrestricted SS card. =(

Do you have a social security card? does it say anything other the the social security number?

I think it's just a matter of luck. I didn't asked them to speed up the case. I can't say anything regarding the connection between i-730 expedition and i-485, if they did something in my favour, I'm gratefull to them
Hi my friend! Is there any news on your case after the RFE?

Last edited:
Hi my friend! Is there any news on your case after the RFE?
We are family of five, 4 medical exams are done and fifth will be ready on Tuesday . Hopefully by next week I will be able to mail whole bunch (As they mentioned in request letter that all five i-693 should be mailed together )

Awesome! Good luck :) Did they mention in the letter how much time they need to process the forms and send you the card?