Processing time for green card based on asylum

Dear all, there is an event for AILA on this Friday Feb. 5. Its free and open to public, try to register and attend it virtually https://agora.aila.org/Conference/Detail/1880 . When you attend raise the issue of asylees citizenship waiting time. Unfortunately, some advocates think that asylees doesn't necessary need help, which completely contradicts their mission of advocating for the immigrants. The vast majority of us are waiting over 5 years from their asylum application to get the green card, a process that shouldn't take more than 3 years... Now I know someone may argue that dreamers and TPS holders waited way longer that to get a relief... that maybe true, and I totally support the new immigration bill that benefits TPS and dreamers, but also remember that those people are not even eligible for asylum (otherwise they would've applied), and to be eligible for asylum and get approved means that you went through much more difficult, stressful, and emotional times than most of the immigrants including TPS holders and dreamers, and what we are asking for here is just to include us with them in terms of citizenship time requirement. So what we should ask for? We can ask to include us in the new bill by either reduce the time needed for citizenship from 4 years (you know the GC for asylees comes dated back 1 year) to 3 years after receiving the GC or adjust the asylees' green card date to be 2 years back instead of 1, just like they increased the EAD validity from 1 year to 2 years.
Please do your best to attend and raise the issue.
Peace to all!

Hi everyone. I heard that I don’t need to pay for RTD application If I submit green card and RTD application at same time. Is it still the case? I’ll apply for my green card next month. Thanks

Hi everyone. I heard that I don’t need to pay for RTD application If I submit green card and RTD application at same time. Is it still the case? I’ll apply for my green card next month. Thanks
You can also submit the application for the RTD at no extra cost if applying for AOS. I did it when I submitted my I-485 and didn't have to pay any extra fees.

You can also submit the application for the RTD at no extra cost if applying for AOS. I did it when I submitted my I-485 and didn't have to pay any extra fees.
Thanks. I am applying green card as an asylee. I’ll make sure to include RTD forms since it’ll be free

Anyone here same with me? I filed I-485 in March of 2020. On 07/17/2020 it updated to show fingerprints were taken( which means I did not need to show up to take biometrics), until today 02/13/2021, there is no update anymore, kind of like stoped there forever....

Hi everyone,

As approved asylee (no green card yet), for how long is your standard driver's license good in your state if you do not show the A5 ead when applying for it? What about real id?

Hi everyone,

As approved asylee (no green card yet), for how long is your standard driver's license good in your state if you do not show the A5 ead when applying for it? What about real id?
I applied in Texas and I used the i-94 from asylum and the approval letter, I received a DL with 7 years validity, just like any other US citizen. I did not need to show the EAD at all.

I applied in Texas and I used the i-94 from asylum and the approval letter, I received a DL with 7 years validity, just like any other US citizen. I did not need to show the EAD at all.

It seems that Texas is very friendly, fully complying with the DHS's guidance.

Some states even require asylee to renew their driver's license every year.

1613414213140.png

It seems that Texas is very friendly, fully complying with the DHS's guidance.

Some states even require asylee to renew their driver's license every year.

View attachment 2273
Yes, if you are not a citizen and you are not permanent resident Texas sends your application to DHS and will not issue the DL until they hear back from them, which takes about two weeks.

Hi everyone,

It depends on state, As every state deals with this case differently. I'm in New Jersey and they issue DL for 1 year validity in this situation

It depends on state, As every state deals with this issue differently. I'm in New Jersey and they issue DL for 1 year validity in this situation

That is really bad for a blue state. It contradicts the guidance from DHS as I attached earlier. Perhaps talking to a senator's office to bring this issue up would help...

Hi everyone i filed my i-485 with vaccination record to the Dallas TX lockbox, but its been one month since it delivered and ne hear from them also no check cashed yet, what i need to do ? anyone having the same time line ?

Hi All,

Please am about to file my i-485 application next month and the form on USCIS say it expires 10/31/2020.. Please reach out if you have any idea and thank you all in advance..!

I applied on June 2020 and on 7/17/2020 fingerprints were applied to my case and since 7/17/2020 nothing has been updated on my case

My attorney said to me that it will take 8 to 12 months for my GC to be approved so I have to wait and hope I get it approved soon.
hopefully yeah but i have heard some people got it in 23 months.by the way my case is in nebraska service centewr,where is yours?

Dear all, I think you heard that democrats have finally revealed their new immigration bill (The full bill is here: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/20488022/uscitizenshipact2021billtext.pdf ). One section of the bill caught my attention, and it sounded too good to b true! Here it is below, please give me your opinion, and if you have heard lawyers' opinion on it please share it with us:
" ‘(f) Notwithstanding section 316(a)(1), any lawful permanent resident who was lawfully present in the United States and eligible for employment authorization for not less than 3 years before becoming a lawful permanent resident may be naturalized upon compliance with all other requirements under this chapter.’’.