Processing time for green card based on asylum

Almost a year of waiting that’s a lot it should be around 3-6 months max I know COVID...etc but at least they should lower the price when we applied not increased it or no fee for a new work permit! But the only good thing on this all is even if we got it in two years or three it is all counting to us to be a citizen”getting the passport”
I know they start counting 4 years from the date on the green card for the passport I hope I’m wrong but that’s what read and heard !

I know they start counting 4 years from the date on the green card for the passport I hope I’m wrong but that’s what read and heard !
You are correct. You're only credited one year from the time the green card gets approved. So if we waited for 2 years, that's one year wasted that could have counted toward citizenship.

Biden to Sign New Round of Executive Orders on Abortion, Immigration
Biden will order an immediate review of the public-charge rule, which denies U.S. entry to migrants considered likely to become dependent on the government.

The president also plans to roll back Trump administration policies on asylum and take “other actions to remove barriers and restore trust in the legal immigration system, including improving the naturalization process.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-sign-round-executive-orders-145736834.html

I think we can do that by writing to Democrat congressmen that are in our areas and we can write to the white house too
I agree that writing to Democrat senators and congress men may help, I thought about it at first but then I realized that we may reach a dead end. We need to contact organizations like AILA and tell them how we suffer and they will have better ways to deliver our concerns to the right people in the administration. Please all, lets brain storm, let me know what do you think.

I agree that writing to Democrat senators and congress men may help, I thought about it at first but then I realized that we may reach a dead end. We need to contact organizations like AILA and tell them how we suffer and they will have better ways to deliver our concerns to the right people in the administration. Please all, lets brain storm, let me know what do you think.
I think writing to everyone isn’t a problem we have nothing to lose at all.

Emailing local Congressmen/senators is a great idea.
02/15/20 mailed asylum application
06/8/20 received mail saying my name should be spelt in English. No receipt # or notice.

06/9/20 mailed in same application with a letter stating that my name is spelled in English (as English is my country’s national language)
08/15/20 USCIS receipt notice received. (USCIS receipt date: 06/12/20, with ZNK receipt # meaning my application is in the New Jersey office, though I live in NY).
10/24/20 FP appointment notice
11/9/20 mailed EAD application
11/17/20 received receipt for EAD (USCIS receipt date: 11/12/20). Being processed in Texas.
11/19/20 FP appointment
No update since.

I do check the status of my case daily. Is this a bad idea?

I am so anxious to see my GC has been approved.

Should I stop checking status daily ? can they see I check daily and delay my case?

Should I stop checking status daily ? can they see I check daily and delay my case?
hi OSCARTIO,
MY Green card timeline till now based on asylum,
I-485 applied-MAY 2020
i-485 fee applied to my case-May 2020
finger prints applied to my case- July 2020
After that it's been more than 6 months no updates from uscis on my case.I am a bit worried
And there's no harm in checking your status daily.i check mine like 3 times a day.

It is okay to check your case 1000 times a day they won’t delay or do anything don’t worry about it but what I recommend you to do “this is what i am doing” go to the app store and download the application called case tracker it looks like American flag and an eagle so add your case number there that means you don’t need to check daily or a few times a day it will update you automatically if anything happened to your case.

note: the application is on android too if your phone powered by android

good luck And wish me a luck I have been waiting more than 6 months now on fingerprints were taken and almost 9 months since I applied for my gc

It is okay to check your case 1000 times a day they won’t delay or do anything don’t worry about it but what I recommend you to do “this is what i am doing” go to the app store and download the application called case tracker it looks like American flag and an eagle so add your case number there that means you don’t need to check daily or a few times a day it will update you automatically if anything happened to your case.

note: the application is on android too if your phone powered by android

good luck And wish me a luck I have been waiting more than 6 months now on fingerprints were taken and almost 9 months since I applied for my gc

Good luck and thank you for the tip.

I have already created an account online and I clicked on the text email updates - is this what the app do ?

Good luck and thank you for the tip.

I have already created an account online and I clicked on the text email updates - is this what the app do ?
Not even email updates on the app itself you should receive a notification from the app if anything happened to your case

Hi guys! I just filed my i-485 on January 15th 2021 but i see many people filed to Nebraska Center or Texas Center and when i check USCIS page where to file i-485 based on asylum its says if you live in Texas and if you are applying based on Asylum i-485 you should file to the Dallas Lockbox ? so i sent it there! Did i send to wrong place or not ? https://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses

Hi guys! I just filed my i-485 on January 15th 2021 but i see many people filed to Nebraska Center or Texas Center and when i check USCIS page where to file i-485 based on asylum its says if you live in Texas and if you are applying based on Asylum i-485 you should file to the Dallas Lockbox ? so i sent it there! Did i send to wrong place or not ? https://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses
You filed correctly... Later on they will transfer your application to TSC, unless you got lucky and they decided to transfer your file to NSC to ease the load on TSC.

hi OSCARTIO,
MY Green card timeline till now based on asylum,
I-485 applied-MAY 2020
i-485 fee applied to my case-May 2020
finger prints applied to my case- July 2020
After that it's been more than 6 months no updates from uscis on my case.I am a bit worried
And there's no harm in checking your status daily.i check mine like 3 times a day.

I applied on June 2020 and on 7/17/2020 fingerprints were applied to my case and since 7/17/2020 nothing has been updated on my case

My attorney said to me that it will take 8 to 12 months for my GC to be approved so I have to wait and hope I get it approved soon.

I applied on June 2020 and on 7/17/2020 fingerprints were applied to my case and since 7/17/2020 nothing has been updated on my case

My attorney said to me that it will take 8 to 12 months for my GC to be approved so I have to wait and hope I get it approved soon.
Have you submitted the medical report with it ?