Processing time for green card based on asylum

Hello Zman, can you please tell us why your I-765 was rejected? Also, what steps did you take to sent your I-693 without RFE? Your application starts with LIN/Nebraska? Many of the new ones start with MSC.

Hello Zman, can you please tell us why your I-765 was rejected? Also, what steps did you take to sent your I-693 without RFE? Your application starts with LIN/Nebraska? Many of the new ones start with MSC.
I-765 was rejected because we filed it under category C9, and it should have been C5. One of those sneaky things that USCIS changed without much notice. My attorney said we could resubmit, but at that point the new guidelines and fees were implemented, which would have cost me an extra $410. So I declined since technically speaking the I-765 is not really necessary, just nice to have.

My attorney is the one who sent the I-693. He sent it along with a brief letter and the I-485 receipt so it could be routed to the right file. And yes, all my applications are LIN numbers. So they're being adjudicated in NE.

A lot of blessings Zman for your answer and guidance. We will wait for the receipt and more time to maybe send the i-693 without RFE. Hopefully it saves sometimes during processing.

Do they from USCIS update me online when they send me that I am missing medical exam or they just send REF without updatingthe case online ? I changed addressees and I am scared to miss that :) thanks !

I have been waiting for my green card interview since October 2019. I called USCIS and they told me case is open and they are working on it. It has been 13 month. How else can i check my case to know when they gonna schedule my intervie?

Do they from USCIS update me online when they send me that I am missing medical exam or they just send REF without updatingthe case online ? I changed addressees and I am scared to miss that :) thanks !
I "think" they will update the case online to say they sent you an RFE. However, I don't think you get a text/email notification. I'm not 100% sure though.

I have been waiting for my green card interview since October 2019. I called USCIS and they told me case is open and they are working on it. It has been 13 month. How else can i check my case to know when they gonna schedule my intervie?
How do you know you're getting an interview? Does the online status say it was transferred to a local USCIS office and it's awaiting an interview slot?

Hello, guys!!

I'll be applying for my Green Card, based on Asylum, in the next couple of weeks.
I have several questions about the process, Im doing the application myself because I can't afford a lawyer, because of Covid. I would really appreciated if you can help me.
  • I could apply for GC, after November 7, 2020; but, ill be sending my application the first week of December. Is it bad if I wait a little, or the sooner the better?
  • Also, I know I can confirm my one year physical presence through pay stubs, but I don't know if I have to send every single paystubs for the past year (every pay stubs for every single week.
  • For the Work permit and Travel document, should I just add the forms to the GC application package?
  • Is it too risky to do it myself?
Thank you sooo much, in advance!
HAve a great day!

Hello, guys!!

I'll be applying for my Green Card, based on Asylum, in the next couple of weeks.
I have several questions about the process, Im doing the application myself because I can't afford a lawyer, because of Covid. I would really appreciated if you can help me.
  • I could apply for GC, after November 7, 2020; but, ill be sending my application the first week of December. Is it bad if I wait a little, or the sooner the better?
  • Also, I know I can confirm my one year physical presence through pay stubs, but I don't know if I have to send every single paystubs for the past year (every pay stubs for every single week.
  • For the Work permit and Travel document, should I just add the forms to the GC application package?
  • Is it too risky to do it myself?
Thank you sooo much, in advance!
HAve a great day!

I would be so scared to do it myself. I know here are a lot of good knowledgeable people and they will guide you.

The first week of December should be fine don't wait longer though.

I don't think you need to send your check stubs - I am sure they have a way to verify you been here for that year.

Are you sending your medical examination ? it is important to do so.

Good luck!!!!!

I sent my application almost 6 months ago and I am waiting for approval.

Unfortunately, it appears we will be waiting for a very long time. Now the timeline shows 18 to over 40 months. Crazy how long they take to print a stupid card. Just unacceptable.
I think that they aren’t processing any applications like they did previously, their supervisors sent directions to hold off any greencard applications then a newspaper exposed them and they apologized, i believe any trump linient managemnt is now on a sequel to burn the house on their way out and are taking revenge actions against immigrants