Processing time for green card based on asylum

Am not sure about NBC. But we can speculate that the reason they started sending the applications to NBC is due to the overwhelmed Nebraska centre. We just have to wait and see.
There seems to be less green card applications this year, am I right? The overwhelm is caused by some reason else rather than green card applications?

03/30/20 - I-485 package mailed.
04/03/20 - USCIS charged Credit Card for $1,225.
04/10/20 - Received 797s for I-485, I-765, & I-131.
04/10/20 - I-765 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case.
04/17/20 - I-485 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case.
04/23/20 - Received letter indicating fp were applied to both I-485 & I-765 and therefore a biometrics appointment wasn't necessary.
05/22/20 - I-693 Medical Exam was delivered to USCIS Nebraska without RFE.
06/02/20 - Received text/email notification I-765 has been denied.
06/04/20 - Received letter from USCIS denying I-765.
10/03/20 - I-131 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case. (Only received email notification, no text).
10/29/20 - Received 797 fingerprint appointment for I-131.

Well, now I'm confused, LOL. I'm not sure what's going on anymore with the I-131. On 10/03 the online status changed to say the FP had already been applied to the case. And just now I received a FP appointment for the same thing. ??? My attorney said to go and get the FP done anyway and bring a screenshot of the online status to show them just in case.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now that I think about it, I never received an official letter saying the FP had been applied to the I-131 like I did for the other 2 applications. So now I'm wondering where the mistake is. Either the officer sent the wrong notification, or the officer updated the case wrong on the system when he sent the notification. Or maybe it's just their general chaos and disarray going on at USCIS at the moment, LOL.

Now that I think about it, I never received an official letter saying the FP had been applied to the I-131 like I did for the other 2 applications. So now I'm wondering where the mistake is. Either the officer sent the wrong notification, or the officer updated the case wrong on the system when he sent the notification. Or maybe it's just their general chaos and disarray going on at USCIS at the moment, LOL.

I will guess that it's the disarray at USCIS. But interestingly, FP has been applied to two of my cases I-485 and I-765, but not I-131. I don't know why I-131 is special. Just go for the fingerprint appointment as suggested by your lawyer. My cases were updated today to show that FP was applied to my case since October 13th.

The processing time from the USCIS website has changed significantly, unfortunately it is now showing 14-45 months, and case inquiry is February 2017, earlier this week it was 8.5-36 and case inquiry was June 2018. I really hope that this timeline is not accurate, it is very disappointing!

The processing time from the USCIS website has changed significantly, unfortunately it is now showing 14-45 months, and case inquiry is February 2017, earlier this week it was 8.5-36 and case inquiry was June 2018. I really hope that this timeline is not accurate, it is very disappointing!

Yeah, I saw that today. it's crazy.

The weird thing is that both Nebraska and Texas show the exact same processing time, so I think the range includes both centers... maybe the short processing time of the range is for Nebraska and the long one is for Texas.

My work permit is expiring soon and i have applied for my green card a while ago my attorney said I have to extend mine even if i am waiting for my Green card how much should i pay?

My work permit is expiring soon and i have applied for my green card a while ago my attorney said I have to extend mine even if i am waiting for my Green card how much should i pay?

You don't have to pay anything for EAD, at least for now. But you have to apply ASAP. USCIS was planning to charge fees for EAD starting Oct. 2nd, but this rule was blocked by the courts. So I suggest you apply now before the rule goes into effect. You have to use your green card receipt as proof of payment. I recently applied for a green card and EAD together. I did not pay anything extra for EAD and RTD. Make sure to read the final instructions before you submit your application. Rules changes every minute with USCIS.

You do not need to pay for EAD if your i-485 is pending and you have paid for that. just add i-797 notice of action with your application

You need to pay $495. You don't have to pay only if you already applied for EAD along with your I-485 application, but in case you did NOT apply for EAD when you filed i-485 then you have to pay the full fees. See the screenshot below, it is from the I-765 instructions file.
1604009627135.png

You need to pay $495. You don't have to pay only if you already applied for EAD along with your I-485 application, but in case you did NOT apply for EAD when you filed i-485 then you have to pay the full fees. See the screenshot below, it is from the I-765 instructions file.
View attachment 2156

@oliver_68, I disagree with you on this. He/she has to pay if and only if he/she did not pay for the green card application. If he/she paid the full fees ($1225), he/she is not required to pay for EAD even if he/she has already submitted the green card application. Heshe just needs to submit the receipt for the green card as proof of payment.

Actually it seems like a technical issue because all servic cen have now the same processing time per category as well as case inquiries date, so they seem to have an issue that messed up the online case processing time. Check it out yourselves you’ll see what I mean, so this now is inaccurate and it doesn’t make sense for real life

View attachment 2156
I agree with Asylee1983 ! Please do not mislead a person who is looking for guidance

I can tell you USCIS is a hot mess right now and they are very creative in mistake, could be that you were supposed to receive a waiver letter but the employee sent you the wrong one or your online status should have been updated to fingerprints notice sent but the employee selected the wrong holding status on the application. I don’t know what they are on these days,

The weird thing is that both Nebraska and Texas show the exact same processing time, so I think the range includes both centers... maybe the short processing time of the range is for Nebraska and the long one is for Texas.
all service centers have now same processing time and dates per category so i believe this is a technical issue

You don’t have to apply for it if you are an approved asylee and have unrestricted socia, save your money for a rainy day

I agree with Asylee1983 ! Please do not mislead a person who is looking for guidance
I may agree with you and Asylee1983, but I am not misleading the person. Paying the fees, even if it is not required, will not cause the rejection of the application... but not paying when it may be required may cause rejection. I know it is a lot of money, but if he is not sure then I will advise him to chose the safest route and pay the fees. I think he needs to consult an attorney or get information from a person who went through the same situation. By the way, I am going to renew my EAD soon, and I will pay the fees just to be safe.