Process for LAX being POE - need quick advice

ITry

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I finally received my passport including the visa foil and sealed envelope back in the mail (CP was in Frankfurt/Germany).

Now, next week i am flying back to the US using LAX as the POE.

My questions are the following:

1. At LAX, which line do i have to use for handing over my sealed documents and receiving my stamp? (line for PR's/Citizens or Visitors?

2. To finalize my GC process, am I right to assume that I will receive a stamp in my passport, which acts as temp. green card and this stamp is technically the last process/action on my end?

3. Is there anything else i need to do/know prior to receiving the physical Green Card?

Thanks for any help!

A1: PR/Citizen line
A2: Yes, your passport will be stamped with an I-551 stamp
A3: Not really.

1. At LAX, which line do i have to use for handing over my sealed documents and receiving my stamp? (line for PR's/Citizens or Visitors?

2. To finalize my GC process, am I right to assume that I will receive a stamp in my passport, which acts as temp. green card and this stamp is technically the last process/action on my end?

3. Is there anything else i need to do/know prior to receiving the physical Green Card?

Last edited by a moderator:
A1: PR/Citizen line
A2: Yes, your passport will be stamped with an i-551 stamp
A3: Not really.

Thanks Triple Citizen!

I searched the archives a little and I read that some people using LAX as POE comparable to my situation were brought into a special (?) room for the re-entry process to take place (finger printing and some other processes I did not understand).

This sounds a little strange but I would like to ask anyway if this is something i have to expect? I expect the entire process to simply be handled by the office sitting in the 'normal' boot in the PR/Citizen line.

Is this assumption correct?

All immigrant visa holders are sent to secondary inspection, at all airports, not just LAX.

This sounds a little strange but I would like to ask anyway if this is something i have to expect? I expect the entire process to simply be handled by the office sitting in the 'normal' boot in the PR/Citizen line.

Is this assumption correct?

All immigrant visa holders are sent to secondary inspection, at all airports, not just LAX.

Thank you again!

Then, how does the actual process work?

I will walk to the usual line at LAX, have my passport and immigration papers checked and border control will than ask me to step aside and i will be picked-up by border officials to a different room?