• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

procedure to get GC after 1st entry into USA

Let us know when you receive the SSN by mail without having visited them...you will be the first one since 9/11 that I hear got it without showing up in person...would be great for you, hopefully it works for you....but if you won't receive it, the trip is easy and won't take long.:)

Let us know when you receive the SSN by mail without having visited them...you will be the first one since 9/11 that I hear got it without showing up in person...would be great for you, hopefully it works for you....but if you won't receive it, the trip is easy and won't take long.:)

hahaha and you hear everything right, do you take yourself serious

Well, I must be the first person who cares to respond to you.. I had no problem in receiving my GC via the post. I didn't have to go to the office, it came to me via the mail and I got my card in 2008. I have also heard of others who applied around the same time as mine and have received theirs the same way. I'm in NY by the way. Sorry Bentlebee but back to school for you.

FABB, My GC was delivered approx 2 weeks after my interview at Port of entry. Additionally, you you become anxious during the wait you could also give them a call. My port of entry was JFK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I must be the first person who cares to respond to you.. I had no problem in receiving my GC via the post. I didn't have to go to the office, it came to me via the mail and I got my card in 2008. I have also heard of others who applied around the same time as mine and have received theirs the same way. I'm in NY by the way. Sorry Bentlebee but back to school for you.

FABB, My GC was delivered approx 2 weeks after my interview at Port of entry. Additionally, you you become anxious during the wait you could also give them a call. My port of entry was JFK.

We are talking about SSN card, not GC.

wait,wait,wait..we talking bout the SSN, NOT GC. do you have anything about SSN.

Sorry back to school for you...start reading...GC are sent by mail and SSN also, but to apply for a SSN the first time, most SS offices require the person to come in person and not by crossing the box on the paper is securing you to get the card sent by mail....

After 9/11 most government run offices like SS and DL require a person to come in person with 2 items of proof of ID. (originals or certified copies, no notorized copies)