problems with Mr.Khanna's opinion on "changing job after GC"

Analogy

Let me give you an analogy.

High cholesterol is associated with higher risk of heart attacks. Lower the cholesterol, lower the risk. There is no absolute cutoff limit. However, greater doses of medicines are needed to lower the cholesterol lower. And so we make a compromise between the two. And there are rough guidelines for the "acceptable" cholesterol levels. These guidelines are derived from data from hundreds of thousands of patients. And in this group of patients, there are some patients with very high cholesterol who do not have any heart attacks at all. However since the general trend supports treating high cholesterol levels, one cannot rely on anecdotal reports of patients with high cholesterol but no problems, to treat a given individual.

Similarly, you may know someone who did not even work for the sponsor and who got away with it. But this does not represent the general trend, and based on some anecdotal reports, wrong and risky advise cannot be given by reasonable individuals.

wurzbach said:
You just belittle yourself by your own words! what a dark mind do you have??

Tell me if I am right or wrong...instead of "bilittle", "dark mind" bla bla bla. :cool:
I am just trying figure out why a person talks USCIS person and posts a "gotcha" kind of message.

BTW, are you still too busy (as you claimed in past) to post outrageous arguments?

H1 tied to employer. Is GC too??

pralay said:
You even don't know what is employment GC. When you joined the company probably you joined in H1 or L1 visa. H1/L1 job are for temporary job position. Have you heard about the word "temporary worker"? So whatever "intent" you are talking about is nothing but your "intent" to work for temporary job position (H1/L1). It has nothing to do with GC job position (future employment).

Is the only difference between H1 and GC is temporary and permanent? I see employer name in my passport on H1. Please let me know if I also see employer name in my GC? :confused:
If I cant change employer with GC, then H1 is lot better..I can do that by getting H1 transfer atleast....I think everyone except pralay and joeF are in a big misunderstanding abt the whole purpose of GC.

But as I know dogens of ppl who changed their employer soon after they got GC are so happy living here without any problems.....I have read the cholestrol analogy but still, want to talk something real that I know.

Okay, did anyone of you know anyone got GC cancelled jsut because of changing the employer?

a_vind said:
If I cant change employer with GC, then H1 is lot better..I can do that by getting H1 transfer atleast....I think everyone except pralay and joeF are in a big misunderstanding abt the whole purpose of GC.

Who said you cannot change employment after GC? Did you find any post that says so? If you did not find it and still claiming we are saying so, that's a "big misunderstanding" from your side. You can change your employment anytime, provided you can prove (if required) that you got your GC in good faith. In fact, in certain scenario one can prove that he/she got his/her GC in good faith without working single day for GC sponsor. Now, you have to decide if that applies to you. If you think so, go ahead!

a_vind said:
pralay said:
I have read the cholestrol analogy but still, want to talk something real that I know.

Talk to a good immigration lawyer. It is that simple.

Job Change and Citizenship

Has anyone been denied Citizenship becuse they changed jobs after getting GC from the sposoring employer?

No second guessing

I'm sure Mr Khanna must have seen a lot of clients with diverse scenarios. Has he ever come across a case where an applicant was denied citizenship just because he/she changed job in 3-6 months or more/less duration? Maybe Mr Khanna should quote a few examples here and enlighten us all rather than quoting a vague law which may lead to vague interpretations. Even he has acknwlegded in his post that there are certain provisions of the law which may be open to debate and certainly lead to vaired interpretations but he should quote actual examples of denials based on this specific job chnage ground.

Change of emoloyer!

Thanks for all your posts.

It is clear now that it is safe to stick with the GC sponsered employer atleast for 6 months to 1 year from the day 485 approved.

But I have a question abt the spouse employment after 485 aproval.
If spouse wants to work, can she/he start doing a job anywhere or has to work with the same GC sponsered employer of the primary applicant.
What is safe in this regard? Does her/his decision affect on citizenship of any one of the family.

Thanks
a_vind

a_vind said:
But I have a question abt the spouse employment after 485 aproval.
If spouse wants to work, can she/he start doing a job anywhere or has to work with the same GC sponsered employer of the primary applicant.
What is safe in this regard? Does her/his decision affect on citizenship of any one of the family.

If spouse got his/her GC as dependent, his/her employment change/status is irrelevent in this topic.

After GC, changing the employers!!

pralay said:
If spouse got his/her GC as dependent, his/her employment change/status is irrelevent in this topic.

Thats what I thought so. It leads me to another question. As per the posts so far I have read what I understood is if I change the employers so frequently, lets say changed the GC sponsered employer in 7th month, and then after employer for each 6 months during the 5 year GC period, I may possibly get problems (am I correct?) at the of citizenship filing.

Can it be that of my citizenship falls into problmes having my family(wife and kids) without any problems in getting the citizenship?

Regards
A_vind

a_vind said:
if I change the employers so frequently, lets say changed the GC sponsered employer in 7th month, and then after employer for each 6 months during the 5 year GC period, I may possibly get problems (am I correct?) at the of citizenship filing.

I don't see any issues with this at all. If you had the good faith intent to work for your sponsoring employer at the time of GC approval, the fact that you were on short-term jobs after you left that job is irrelevant.

Can it be that of my citizenship falls into problmes having my family(wife and kids) without any problems in getting the citizenship?

Your family's naturalization is not linked to your own.

a_vind said:
Thats what I thought so. It leads me to another question. As per the posts so far I have read what I understood is if I change the employers so frequently, lets say changed the GC sponsered employer in 7th month, and then after employer for each 6 months during the 5 year GC period, I may possibly get problems (am I correct?) at the of citizenship filing.

You are asking the very same question which was asked in past many times in many ways. Needless to say that this topic is discussed to death. You can change job everyday provided you got your GC in good faith. If required, all you need to show that you got your GC in good faith. Many lawyers argues that the best way to show intent by working for GC sponsor for some period of times.

a_vind said:

It depends. If it's just denial of citizenship application, your wife and kid's citizenship is not going to be affected. However, if USCIS takes back your GC claiming that you did not obtain GC in good faith, your family member's GCs go alongwith due to the fact they got their GC as dependents.

After GC

pralay said:
You are asking the very same question which was asked in past many times in many ways.
Sorry but you are wrong, I just asked this question for 3 times in 3 ways only :) :D .

pralay said:
It depends. If it's just denial of citizenship application, your wife and kid's citizenship is not going to be affected. However, if USCIS takes back your GC claiming that you did not obtain GC in good faith, your family member's GCs go alongwith due to the fact they got their GC as dependents.
Yes, this is what I wanted to know. Thanks.